ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self prepared Ent-visa success probability

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dawn786

Self prepared Ent-visa success probability

Post by Dawn786 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Entrepreneur visa next month and have been reading various online forums. I wanted to know your opinion whether it is possible that I prepare my file without any professional help (soli/lawys). I know everyones situation is different and we all have our limitations, however, after reading the visa guidelines on UKBA it didnt look very complicated (i could be wrong!!!!!). pls advice

Regards,
Dawn

smehmood
BANNED

Re: Self prepared Ent-visa success probability

Post by smehmood » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:43 pm

Dawn786 wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Entrepreneur visa next month and have been reading various online forums. I wanted to know your opinion whether it is possible that I prepare my file without any professional help (soli/lawys). I know everyones situation is different and we all have our limitations, however, after reading the visa guidelines on UKBA it didnt look very complicated (i could be wrong!!!!!). pls advice

Regards,
Dawn
Hi

Its not necessary to use a solicitor. if you know the requirements and understand what needs to be done in regards to application then just send it off.
People use Solicitor for various reason like someone just want peace of mind, some do,nt really understand the requirements etc.

Good Luck
Shaukat

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Regards,
Dawn
Everyone got own circumstances and preferences but as per my understanding no one can do better than yourself and policy guidance is best sol / lawyer for your assistance.

Regards

Dawn786

Post by Dawn786 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:49 pm

smehmood wrote:

Regards,
Dawn
Hi

Its not necessary to use a solicitor. if you know the requirements and understand what needs to be done in regards to application then just send it off.
People use Solicitor for various reason like someone just want peace of mind, some do,nt really understand the requirements etc.

Good Luck
Thank you so much Shaukat and Rehan and I equally appreciate both your replies. My immigration history is clean and completely legitimate so far. Just one point from the form is bothering me i.e. about showing that the business is established. If its a new business which is registered within 3 months of application, how can it have a established business history?

I will register a new business and provide all the documents to UKBA, however, the trading contract and business bank account transaction does not make sense to me. Hope I am clear with my query (pls excuse me if Ive sounded completely stupid to anyone)

Thank you once again.
Sajid

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Don't worry about established business at all as long as you meet all the requirements as per policy guidance and provide contract between your business and other business there is nothing to worry about either.

You don't need to worry about the business bank account transaction at initial stage unless you have started trading.

Hope it will help and follow policy guidance and you will be fine and if have any question post on forum and I m sure people will help.

Regards

Dawn786 wrote:
smehmood wrote:

Regards,
Dawn
Hi

Good Luck
Thank you so much Shaukat and Rehan and I equally appreciate both your replies. My immigration history is clean and completely legitimate so far. Just one point from the form is bothering me i.e. about showing that the business is established. If its a new business which is registered within 3 months of application, how can it have a established business history?

I will register a new business and provide all the documents to UKBA, however, the trading contract and business bank account transaction does not make sense to me. Hope I am clear with my query (pls excuse me if Ive sounded completely stupid to anyone)

Thank you once again.
Sajid

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:01 am

Hi,

100%agreed with the suggestions of other members and you can prepare your application on your own depending on your approach and workout in light of the policy which I think is clear and helpful.Further about your question on business contract,so it is must and is a part of your established business to qualify you for required points.

Anyways,good luck with your application!
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

Naheedsammar
United Kingdom

Post by Naheedsammar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:26 am

Hi,
Just want to add a bit from my experience. I have met so many solicitors and trust me, my conclusion is that you can present yourself way better than anybody else. yeh you should go to solicitors if there is some legal complicaitons and you can not work out. policy guidance is there to help and ppl on this forum are really helpfull if you need any help. You always get prompt response if you need any help.

Many Thanks

Dawn786

Post by Dawn786 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:31 pm

Thank you to rehan01, mr legal and naheedsammar. After reading ur replies I'm feeling confident now to prepare my application and looking forward to a positive outcome IA.

Many thanks
Sajid
Naheedsammar wrote:Hi,
Just want to add a bit from my experience. I have met so many solicitors and trust me, my conclusion is that you can present yourself way better than anybody else. yeh you should go to solicitors if there is some legal complicaitons and you can not work out. policy guidance is there to help and ppl on this forum are really helpfull if you need any help. You always get prompt response if you need any help.

Many Thanks

business genius

checklist for supporting documents

Post by business genius » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:47 am

Thanks all for your support.I got HM&R C letter of UTR number.It reached with in 15 days.The other issue is opening a business bank account is too time consuming,it takes too much time,appointment to see one of the business manager.
The other thing do u have any idea of business plan.It should be of 3000 words or more,any rough idea would be appreciated

thanks for ur help

Naheedsammar
United Kingdom

Post by Naheedsammar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:02 am

good you are on right track. opening business account is easy i do not to me it was easy. go to barclays and they open it quickly (to my experience) u just need your incoperation certificate or at least your company no and if you already got any account with bank its normaly bit more quicker. About business plan there is no rule or words limit (as its not uni assignment :)) just you need to explain your business, future plane how you going to manage it, services you are providing, services you intend to provide, what outcome you are expcting, your business strategy, what expertiese you have to run it? the market you are in your competitors etc etc. its really about your ideas how you intend to progress in future.

Regards

business genius

Post by business genius » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:35 am

Thanks Naheedsammar

Actually Barclays are busy now a days,got an appointment after 15 days so bit worried that how long it will take.Today i m going for appointment,lets see after how many days i will get the business account letter.
Getting ready all documentation is 3 months process.i assumed that it will take around 1 month so this is the reason i m worried about
however trying to manage things.

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:38 pm

business genius wrote:Thanks Naheedsammar

Actually Barclays are busy now a days,got an appointment after 15 days so bit worried that how long it will take.Today i m going for appointment,lets see after how many days i will get the business account letter.
Getting ready all documentation is 3 months process.i assumed that it will take around 1 month so this is the reason i m worried about
Try Metro Bank,no appointments needed

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Lloyds tsb are the best I never had any problem with them at alll ........... Also whnever u needed any letters or statement printouts etc they will do it straight away for you n I opened business account with them same day when I went to take apointment but I told them gota be done asap so lady was very helful and got it all sorted same day.

Regards

business genius wrote:Thanks Naheedsammar