ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusing question in Tier 1 Extension form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elpis
Newly Registered

Confusing question in Tier 1 Extension form

Post by elpis » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:26 am

Please check the question D5 on fom fo tier 1 extension. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf
It says "If your leave to enter/ remain has expired, did this leave expire more than 28 days before this application was made?
Yes go to D6 NO go to D7
ON the top of the page UKBA as usual has threatened that if this section is not complete your application will be invalid. My visa has not expired yet. how shall I answe this question? If I pick answer NO , it means that my leave has expired but 28 days have not lapsed yet. It will be an incorrect answer as my leave has not expired yet. If I write NOT APPLICABLE in front of the question UKBA people can declare my application invalid because I have skipped a question.
Seniors, Please help how shoud I deal with this question when my leave has not expired yet?

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:22 am

D5 will remain blank if your visa is still valid on the day of application...

selva

Re: Confusing question in Tier 1 Extension form

Post by selva » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:26 am

elpis wrote:Please check the question D5 on fom fo tier 1 extension. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf
It says "If your leave to enter/ remain has expired, did this leave expire more than 28 days before this application was made?
Yes go to D6 NO go to D7
ON the top of the page UKBA as usual has threatened that if this section is not complete your application will be invalid. My visa has not expired yet. how shall I answe this question? If I pick answer NO , it means that my leave has expired but 28 days have not lapsed yet. It will be an incorrect answer as my leave has not expired yet. If I write NOT APPLICABLE in front of the question UKBA people can declare my application invalid because I have skipped a question.
Seniors, Please help how shoud I deal with this question when my leave has not expired yet?
I think, you should answer NO and answer D7 and then D8 would confirmed that you have not overstayed

D8. Have you ever stayed in the United Kingdom beyond the end of your period of leave

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:43 am

The question says "IF your leave has expired..."

Since it hasn't, don't answer the question. That's what I did and my extension went through.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.