ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA charged more -how to get a refund

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vijay.pailla

UKBA charged more -how to get a refund

Post by Vijay.pailla » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:53 am

Dear all,

I need your help in knowing how to get a refund or claim from UKBA.

1. I applied for my babys UK Nationality (MN1) in December 2012 through Bath NCS services.
2. The Fee for the application form (MN1) is £551.00 as per the UKBA guidelines and Bath NCS services acknowledged it by ticking the box in the payment form.
3. UKBA charged £881.00 as they recieved the form and started processing the form.
4. I got my babys approval of UK Nationality back in February.
5. I tried to contact the Batch NCS and UKBA one number given by Bath NCS, and they said me that they can not help me in this regards.

I recently mailed the issue to (furthernationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk).

Could some body please tell me how to proceed on with this. Its £300.00 which is stuck with UKBA and they never respond or reply good.

Please help me in this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
VJ

Daphne_ZA
Newly Registered

Post by Daphne_ZA » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:26 am

I am having a similar problem with getting a refund from UKBA. They accidently charged me twice for confrmation on non-acquisition of British Citizenship. That was last year October! I am still struggling to contact them. I sent two letters, two emails, phoned the contact centre, and have now resorted to submitting a complaint. They take up to 20 days to respond to a complaint. It has been 11 working days so far...

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:27 pm

You may find the details here useful.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=116167

Just so you re aware, her is no prescribed time limit for consideration of these errors and at this time in March 2013, I am informed the UKBA are Woking on cases submitted in July 2012.

I would strongly recommend working via your MP.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:59 pm

why did you wait so long on this issue?

I would send a letter to UKBA complaining this and requesting for refund. Retain a proof of posting.

Vijay.pailla

Post by Vijay.pailla » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:32 am

Thanks a lot for the suggestions ban.s and Spokenhands.

I will try to post a complain letter to the UKBA complaints and also I will try to get in contact with the local MP for any further progress on this.

I spoke to couple of guys in UKBA and they promised me that they will post the cheque within 4 weeks. They also apologised for the thing.

But again, they never came back or I did not recieve any cheque.

I will have to take urgent action bit quick.

Thanks again.