ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1E refused due to Maintenance

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ac2107

T1E refused due to Maintenance

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:45 pm

Applied on 8th of Feb 2013. PSW to T1E 200k.

Received refusal letter today. Reason is no sufficient funds for the specified period.

This is from UKBA:
"You have provided bank statment from Nat West Bank to demonstrate that you have been in possession of at least £900 of available funds for a consecutive 90 day period ending no more than 31 days before the date of your application.

We have assessed the maintenance requirement covering the period 31 October 2012 to 29 January 2013. Although you have demonstrated that you have maintained the minimum level of available funds of £900 required through this full 90 day period, this amount is not in addition to the £200,000 needed to satisfy the requirement of Appendix A of the Immigration Rules

We have threfore been unable to award points for Maintenance
"

For me this is completely absurd! Below is my situation:

1. I have provided four bank statements, three of them are used for the £200,000 (actual sum is about £200,020) and the other one covering 90 days is about £9000 for the Maintenance of £900.

2. In the application form section G10, I have explicitly specified that three bank statements are used for demonstrate the funds available for investment. The amount on each statement was also listed and the total amount is worked out.

3. For Maintenance, in section T, I have also checked the option of bank statement.

I did not see this coming, they counted all of my four bank statements towards the fund for investment. and said I claimed the Maintenance from the investment money so refused me. Which I did not and it can be seen in the application form.

My PSW visa is not expired until end of April, so I do not have right of appeal. Is there any other way to argue their decision? Or I have to make another fresh application and wasted my £1000 fees.

I do not understand why they came to such decision and I can only explain this is that because my visa is not expired, so do not have right of appeal, so they can easily robe me for another £1000. Because if I have the right of appeal and take this to the court, I think I should win.

Please guys do you have any suggestion or advice? Or please correct me if I miss understood the refusal letter. Thank you very much!!!

rooney0511

Re: T1E refused due to Maintenance

Post by rooney0511 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:10 pm

ac2107 wrote:Applied on 8th of Feb 2013. PSW to T1E 200k.

Received refusal letter today. Reason is no sufficient funds for the specified period.

This is from UKBA:
"You have provided bank statment from Nat West Bank to demonstrate that you have been in possession of at least £900 of available funds for a consecutive 90 day period ending no more than 31 days before the date of your application.

We have assessed the maintenance requirement covering the period 31 October 2012 to 29 January 2013. Although you have demonstrated that you have maintained the minimum level of available funds of £900 required through this full 90 day period, this amount is not in addition to the £200,000 needed to satisfy the requirement of Appendix A of the Immigration Rules

"

1. I have provided four bank statements, three of them are used for the £200,000 (actual sum is about £200,020) and the other one covering 90 days is about £9000 for the Maintenance of £900.

2. In the application form section G10, I have explicitly specified that three bank statements are used for demonstrate the funds available for investment. The amount on each statement was also listed and the total amount is worked out.

3. For Maintenance, in section T, I have also checked the option of bank statement.

I did not see this coming, they counted all of my four bank statements towards the fund for investment. and said I claimed the Maintenance from the investment money so refused me. Which I did not and it can be seen in the application form.

My PSW visa is not expired until end of April, so I do not have right of appeal. Is there any other way to argue their decision? Or I have to make another fresh application and wasted my £1000 fees.

I do not understand why they came to such decision and I can only explain this is that because my visa is not expired, so do not have right of appeal, so they can easily robe me for another £1000. Because if I have the right of appeal and take this to the court, I think I should win.

Please guys do you have any suggestion or advice? Or please correct me if I miss understood the refusal letter. Thank you very much!!!
Pls check your inbox

niomi
United States of America

Post by niomi » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:02 pm

What was your advice rooney?

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:23 pm

anyone? any comments?

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:36 pm

You can always apply for right to appeal at tribunal or make a fresh application.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:37 pm

I see from your previous posts that you made application on 25 Jan 13 and you received decision on 12 March 13. Thats inside 45 days. Super fast. But bad luck in getting the refusal.

I can assure you that decision on your application is completely incorrect.

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Apparently, the only things seems possible is fresh application, but wait for some other advice if there is any other solution.

How come you got decision so quick? You applied in Feb and got decision in March.

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:30 pm

saeedusman wrote:Apparently, the only things seems possible is fresh application, but wait for some other advice if there is any other solution.

How come you got decision so quick? You applied in Feb and got decision in March.
yes, it is pretty quick! although the result is not good, and makes me angry. I have done nothing wrong.

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:34 pm

rizwan567 wrote:I see from your previous posts that you made application on 25 Jan 13 and you received decision on 12 March 13. Thats inside 45 days. Super fast. But bad luck in getting the refusal.

I can assure you that decision on your application is completely incorrect.
the decision makes me think they deliberately refused me because they know I have no right to appeal and have to make a fresh application and had over 1000 pounds easily.

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:36 pm

entreprenuer11 wrote:You can always apply for right to appeal at tribunal or make a fresh application.
how to apply for right to appeal? could you please tell me more? the letter says I have no right of appeal. Will it be faster than a fresh application?

Someone tells me I can write to the case worker and request a reconsideration because this is simply their mistake.

sunnygee
Newly Registered

Re: T1E refused due to Maintenance

Post by sunnygee » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi ac2107,

I did not understand your overall figures. Could you please explain further the balance of all your four banks statements. In the paragraph of your situation you mentioned (overing 90 days is about £9000 for the Maintenance of £900) can you explain in further.

thanks
ac2107 wrote:Applied on 8th of Feb 2013. PSW to T1E 200k.

This is from UKBA:

"

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi sunnygee,

Ive provided 4 bank statements. 3 of them are used for investment fund, and the other one is for 900 pounds (which has more than 900 pounds and covers 90days).

But the case worker counted all bank statements towards the investment funds.

Hope I explained clearly.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:35 pm

It could be wrong calculations by caseworker.

Accumulating the amounts from 4 bank statements to 200,000 as combined closing balance. (A+B+C+(D-900))

AND

To keep aside 1 of those 4 statements for 90 days' maintenance funds. D- (D-900)

Assuming 900 is maintained for 90 days in D statement.

:roll:

sunnygee
Newly Registered

Post by sunnygee » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:39 pm

ok ac2107,

I got you. In my own experience with UKBA since 2005 normally when they not gave you the right for appeal, you could try to go for administration review which I know its normally from outside UK applicants but If you send them a letter and email as well at least it will give you an idea (one of my friend tried in psw application and they reviewed it and he got psw). On other hand you can consult with immigration lawyer as well but it could cost you more or fresh application would be the last option (in my opinion).

Hope that helps you.

Best

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:03 pm

RizKCB wrote:It could be wrong calculations by caseworker.

Accumulating the amounts from 4 bank statements to 200,000 as combined closing balance. (A+B+C+(D-900))

AND

To keep aside 1 of those 4 statements for 90 days' maintenance funds. D- (D-900)

Assuming 900 is maintained for 90 days in D statement.

:roll:

I was thinking:
A+B+C to satisfy 200k

and

D to satisfy 900

But the case worker was thinking:

A+B+C+(D-900) to satisfy 200k

and 900 from D to satisfy 900. [AND THIS IS NOT ALLOWED by the rules!!!]

so he refused me........

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:11 pm

sunnygee wrote:ok ac2107,

I got you. In my own experience with UKBA since 2005 normally when they not gave you the right for appeal, you could try to go for administration review which I know its normally from outside UK applicants but If you send them a letter and email as well at least it will give you an idea (one of my friend tried in psw application and they reviewed it and he got psw). On other hand you can consult with immigration lawyer as well but it could cost you more or fresh application would be the last option (in my opinion).

Hope that helps you.

Best
Thanks for the helpful suggestions, sunny.

I am willing to write the case worker a letter to see if he can review my case and change his decision. If not I will apply again. I dont think the lawyer would be particularly helpful at the moment because the reason for refusal is so simple and obviously a mistake.

My concern is that if I write to the case worker, and he do not want to reconsider or not reply to me at all, would this affect me when I make a fresh application?

If he wants to reconsider, that is good news. otherwise the case is closed, right? and I can make application again,

ideanokia6500

Post by ideanokia6500 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:21 pm

hi
can u confirm u applied in psw or student category.
HI

Innovativexperts
Newly Registered

Post by Innovativexperts » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:23 pm

hi ac2107,

Can you please clarify that did you applied from student route because you mentioned 200k funds required for you and other way you are saying PSW to T1. What is that......

Thanks

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:24 pm

ideanokia6500 wrote:hi
can u confirm u applied in psw or student category.
PSW. please see the 1st line of my post.

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:25 pm

Innovativexperts wrote:hi ac2107,

Can you please clarify that did you applied from student route because you mentioned 200k funds required for you and other way you are saying PSW to T1. What is that......

Thanks
No, I applied from PSW, Not student. Thanks!

It is Tie Cat D. reqiures 200k.
Last edited by ac2107 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Innovativexperts
Newly Registered

Post by Innovativexperts » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:27 pm

ac2107 wrote:

Thanks
So why you provided 200k funds?

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:40 pm

(He applied for £200K option because he wanted to get rid of Graduate Level 4 restriction (NQF Level 4 or above))

You said you provided 4 bank statements. Where they issued by different banks or same bank (as stated in their refusal letter)?

As mentioned by ac2107, Your maintenance funds source account and your sponsor funds source account must be different.

Same bank account is not allowed. Sorry to hear about your case, however you still have chance.

Innovativexperts
Newly Registered

Post by Innovativexperts » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:44 pm

ac2107 wrote:

Thanks

In UK or Overseas Application?

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:58 pm

BlackBirdSSG wrote:(He applied for £200K option because he wanted to get rid of Graduate Level 4 restriction (NQF Level 4 or above))

You said you provided 4 bank statements. Where they issued by different banks or same bank (as stated in their refusal letter)?

As mentioned by ac2107, Your maintenance funds source account and your sponsor funds source account must be different.

Same bank account is not allowed. Sorry to hear about your case, however you still have chance.

thanks for reply.

four bank statements of four differemt bank account from THREE differemt banks.

they did.say the one from Natwest is for 900 is no good because they have already used all bank statements to.calculate the invesent money.

this.should not be a problem right, i can use one bank but different account to deposite the money.

ac2107

Post by ac2107 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:00 pm

Innovativexperts wrote:
ac2107 wrote:

Thanks

In UK or Overseas Application?
in uk