ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aju2012

Self Employed

Post by aju2012 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Hello Experts,

I am employed as well as self employed, I have around 7 clients for whom I am working as consultant for Investment in India, Is is necessary to submit all invoices or couple of invoices are ok to be submitted.

Thanks

Aju

akan
BANNED

Post by akan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Depend what type of evidence you are submitting.

If invoices and bank statements are your two choices of evidence then yes you need to submit all.

If you choosing accountant letter and bank statements then no need to include any invoice.

Either include all or not at all. It will confuse caseworker and he/she might not give you decision same day.

Keep things simple. Dont complicate caseworker and your life.

aju2012

Post by aju2012 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi,

I am going to submit accountants letter, profit & loss account, balance sheet ect and Bank Statements so is it not compulsory to submit invoices ???

Thanks

Aju

akan
BANNED

Post by akan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:08 am

If you go through the extension form Page 26 & 27 ... Two type of evidence need to shown.

The following combinations are acceptable:

Bank Statements + Invoices

Bank Statements + Accountant letter

Bank Statements + Profit and Loss sheet from Accountant

Bank Statements + Invoice Summary from Accountant

Just pick one of these combinations and you will be fine.

Caseworker is not interested in bulk of documents, precision is the key to success :D

aju2012

Post by aju2012 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:58 am

Thank You Very Much for your detail information.

As I sooke to my my accountant he is a certified chartered accountant as per UKBA guidelines, he has asked me send format or details which required on
Letter as he has never done any work for UKBA before, could you please share or give me any accountant letter format or details which are required on letter.

Thank You For Your Help

Aju

akan
BANNED

Post by akan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:22 am

check your inbox

shedy789

Post by shedy789 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:18 pm

akan wrote:check your inbox
Akan,

Can you also forward me a copy of accountant letter, i'm also going through to apply for Tier1 exent in a couple of weeks and my accountant does not have much experience about writing for UKBA.

Regards,

bb28
Newly Registered

Re: Self Employed

Post by bb28 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:15 pm

aju2012 wrote:Hello Experts,

I am employed as well as self employed, I have around 7 clients for whom I am working as consultant for Investment in India, Is is necessary to submit all invoices or couple of invoices are ok to be submitted.

Thanks

Aju
If you are self employed, it is must to submit all invoices for the income you are claiming along with accountant letter and profit and loss account, business/personal account statement where invoices were paid , NI bills, hmrc doc with your UTR number .

gurrano2

Post by gurrano2 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:57 pm

I am also a Ltd company Director but not sure as I have been earning only dividend and not sure of NI as mentioned.

Am I supposed to be registered as self employed? I am not registered as I am a Ltd Compnay director and no NI paid on dividend. So not sure. Please can you assist to clarify and note that I have only been earning dividend only and not salary.

ascotch
Newly Registered

Post by ascotch » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:03 pm

I am totally surprised how are you guys running a company without having any basic knowledge of Taxation System.

These things have triggered alarms of UKBA and it puts a lot of genuine applicants in waiting list.

Janaan
Newly Registered

Post by Janaan » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:53 am

akan wrote:check your inbox
Dear akan

I wondered if you can advise. I am applying for my ILR as Employed/Self Employed (Contractor) in 5-6 months time. The paper work for Employed income is straight forward however the self employed one is slightly confusing. Since I am a contractor, therefore I do not have a limited company or business bank account for my self employment. I work for a US company and they pay me monthly in two installment directly in to my personal bank account and that is my gross income. I will be claiming income from Jan13-Aug 13 but I will submit my tax returns in Jan 2014 which means that technically I cant show the official tax returns letter provided by HMRC. Is this a mandatory requirement for a self employed contractor? Combination of documents that I have to submit are accountant letter+personal bank statements along with my last monthly Class2NI payment receipt. Its not a requirement but as a support I will have a letter from the US company that I am working for and also my monthly invoices request+company's receipts that my invoices were paid. I would be grateful for your advise

Janaan
Newly Registered

Post by Janaan » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:00 am

Dear members, if any one can advise on my above post regarding self employed contractor