ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Away from Uk for more than 180 days in last year

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Senonthachil
United Kingdom

Away from Uk for more than 180 days in last year

Post by Senonthachil » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:35 am

Hello All,

Visa: Tier 1, Permission to enter
Applying for extension on 26 March 2013.

I have been travelling to Europe for work for my company based in London, My salary, tax, NI everything is paid out and paid in UK. From the last march 26th to 2013 March my days away from country will total upto 170 days.

I have read from HMRC website that you are not considered to be living in UK if you are not in uk for more than 182 days in one year. Since I am very close to the number and my passports have awful lot of stamps, should i include a covering letter?

Thanks in advance
S
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Immigration Board helped me all the way to make my appication on 19th March 2010 and living in Uk since then!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:47 am

From the date of your ILR application you count backwards in 364 day cycles. If any individual cycle is more than 180 days, you will have broken your residence. There is no discretion on amounts above this number.

For what it's worth, you seem to be citing the tax residence thresholds rather than the immigration requirements. 180 is the absolute limit (not 181)

Senonthachil
United Kingdom

Post by Senonthachil » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Thank you for the reply. So for Tier 1 extension is it worth adding a cover letter detailing the absence time, (I'm on T1 from the beginning) or it matters only when its time for ILR application
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Immigration Board helped me all the way to make my appication on 19th March 2010 and living in Uk since then!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Only for ILR.