ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How often does HO contact referees?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imranb

How often does HO contact referees?

Post by imranb » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:30 am

Does anyone know of any real instances of Home Office actually contacting the referees that we put into the our AN/MN forms for naturalization? My referee might be gone on a long vacation and might not be available to respond immediately if contacted by HO by post (though he might be available on email).

Just trying to gauge in how many cases do they take the reference on face value and not go further in terms of contacting the referees directly?

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:38 am

I would ask the referee to state on page 13 (Further Information page) that s/he would be unavailable to respond by post due to travels for the period from...to..., but would be available to respond to any queries by email.

Worst case scenario, s/he can still respond to HO queries upon return. However, if you think that might delay your application, then you may have to seek another referee that would be immediately available should HO decide to write.

Just my 2p.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

beedi
Newly Registered

Post by beedi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Mr Imran
R u from bangalore india y not take refrence from Dr.Rajkumar. are if from anywhere from india take refrence from Laloo prasad yadav, are take refree from Kaluvee the top indian business man

imranb

Post by imranb » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:23 am

beedi wrote:Mr Imran
R u from bangalore india y not take refrence from Dr.Rajkumar. are if from anywhere from india take refrence from Laloo prasad yadav, are take refree from Kaluvee the top indian business man
Mr Beedi, I would suggest that you keep your stupid advice to yourself.