ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cooling Off Period 2013

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

glrrajesh
- thin ice -

Cooling Off Period 2013

Post by glrrajesh » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi,

I understand that, as of feb 2013 the Cooling off 12 month period starts from the day you have returned back to the country.

Now my query is, I have had a Tier 2 ICT short term Visa which was taken in Jul 2011 and Expired in Jul 2012. But i have not travelled to UK during this period with this VISA. As per the earlier rules i had to wait till Jul 2013 to process VISA, but now since it depends on the date of travel back to the country, how does it apply for me?

Do i still need to wait till jul 2013 or I can go ahead and apply for VISA right away? Request your help on this. THanks

sy1976
Newly Registered

Similar issue with me...

Post by sy1976 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:48 am

Hi Rajesh,

I have the same issue...Please share if u got any update on this...
My visa issued in November,2012 and expires on April,2013.

Hi Forum,

Please help on this issue.

Regards,
SY

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:09 pm

Since you haven't been in the UK during the validity of your previous T2 visa the cooling-off period will not apply if you make a new T2 application. However, you must produce evidence to show your absence from the UK during the previous visa period

glrrajesh
- thin ice -

Post by glrrajesh » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:55 am

Thanks manci..
Also, does travel on business visa have any impact on tier 2 ict visa cooling period. Please clarify? Thanks
I had travelled to Uk on business visa after my T2 expired... Does it have any impact like the cooling period would start from date of return of my trip on business visa... It's pretty confusing... Please help on this.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:14 am

Your travel to the UK on a business visa after the expiry of your T2 ICT visa has no impact on a new T2 entry clearance application.

A visitor visa is not under the Points Based System and cooling-off is only relevant to the PBS.