ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls help urgent CoS Problem?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mari.vasu
Newly Registered

Pls help urgent CoS Problem?

Post by mari.vasu » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:49 pm

I'm being employed since from 17 Sep 2012 in my last job

My Company is 'A' rated Tier 2 Sponsor

When my Company applied for License. They gave information about me , Job Title as '2123 Systems Engineer' with some description.

I'm getting £ 26k per annum , my job is perfectly matched to ' 2132 Programmer' and salary is fine .

I'm Switching from PSW , not need to be on the shortage occupation list (or) no need of Labour Test

My Company is happy to give SOC 2132; Title: Programmer (which satisfy UKBA conditions regards to my Salary, Job role, etc)

But company worried about the previous information given to UKBA. yes, Reasonable !

So I checked some details in UKBA website. And result as follows

Job title ‘Systems Engineer’ available only in Shortage Occupation List

‘Systems Engineer’ is not given in any of the sections like M , J.

UKBA clearly says
"Sponsors must select the most appropriate job description from the table below. The job title need not be an exact match"
Why can’t we claim that ''we realized according to UKBA Job Description which matched with employee job duties and so changed the title
Last edited by mari.vasu on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 8 times in total.

mari.vasu
Newly Registered

Re: Pls help urgent CoS Problem?

Post by mari.vasu » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:38 pm

I just wonder , during the process of Tier 2 Employee application , CoS has influence , it is the factor for decision.

Do really information provided during Sponsor License Application will be considered or Accessed and questioned ?

If then can i ask my Finance manager to write letter that ' information supplied during Sponsor Application is general information of the department. Now the Cos has been created considering individual job activities of this particular employee.

Will it be helpful ? or im putting myself in unneccessary trouble

SOC given during Sponsor License applying :- SOC 2123 Title: Systems Engineer

During CoS letter , We gonna Create as :- SOC 2132 Title: Programmer

Basically im doing PLC programming job , can be called as Controls Enginner , Systems Engineer or Programmer. Jobs advertised in these names commonly on job sites

The following is matched perfectly with my job.
SOC 2132 - Title: Programmer "Responsible for the detailed programming and testing of individual programmes or routines within an overall project."
It would be more helpful , if you can reply for this / Thank You
Last edited by mari.vasu on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 12 times in total.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:16 pm

which code is closely matches to your job description?

Job title is not very important

James.Dunlop
Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by James.Dunlop » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi

This need not be a big issue.

You need to justify the choice and should explain the change.

All the best

James
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com