ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO ILR SET(O) Croydon - Approved - Success

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dan_vels
Newly Registered

PEO ILR SET(O) Croydon - Approved - Success

Post by dan_vels » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks to the people who have contributed ample information in this board and thanks to the people who put forward their doubts (without doubts, we might not have had so much information)

Though I have not contributed much, as my case is very straight forward, I thought it's worth sharing my PEO ILR SET(O) appointment at Croydon and the past 4 years 11.5 months in the UK.

Entered UK with WP - 29-Mar-2008
Got Tier1 (General) visa - 19-Dec-2008, valid upto 19-Dec-2011 (using both India salary and the UK salary combination)
Renewed Tier1 (General) visa - 16-Sep-2011, valid upto 16-Sep-2013

Took "Life In The UK" test - 21-Sep-2012 ( :idea: Took the exam much in advance, to avoid last moment panic)

Before UKBA brings some surprise change in ILR rules, decided to take ILR on completing the qualifying continous residence period timeline (01-Mar-2013.)

Booked PEO SET(O) ILR appointment (08:10a.m.on 13-Mar-2013) through UKBA Website before 42 days of the appointment date. Booked my PEO appointment in mid of the March month, so that I could get the bank statements, payslips and get ready for the dream of my life.

Documents:
-------------
1. SET(O) Application (with no dependants)
2. Current New Passport (Original and photocopy of marked pages)
Previous Passport (Original and photocopy of marked pages)
3. Biometric Residence Permit Card (Original and photocopy)
4. Life In The UK - Pass Notification Letter (Original and photocopy)
5. Employer Letters (Original and photocopy)
a. Reference Letter
b. Payslips authorisation letter (as my employer provides only e-payslips)
c. Holidays using Annual Leaves (though this letter is not necessary for Tier1 General applicants, I took 25 days of holidays in May 2008 (while I was on WP). Assuming the case worker ask for one due to 25 days of holidays in May/June 2008, that is within 2 months of entry into the UK.
d. Employer name change letter due to employer changed their name on Nov 2012 and the salary payment detais on bank statements were with old company name. I don't want the case worker to ask me, "your payslip says you're working for ABC Ltd but the bank statement says XYZ Ltd".
6. Printed e-Payslips to prove earnings (Original and photocopy)
Jul-2012 to Feb-2013 (8 months, that qualifies me into 20 points for my salary). Considering another 4 months for no reason could only take some extra time to assess my case.
7. Bank Statements to prove earnings (Original and photocopy)
Jul-2012 to Feb-2013 (8 months, to prove the salary in e-Payslips deposited in Bank).
8. P60's - 4 Financial years (2008-2012) (Original and photocopy)
9. Bank Statements to prove maintenance of funds (Original and photocopy)
Dec-2012 to Feb-2013 (3 months, to prove there is more than £900 in the bank)
10. Page explaining the holidays outside the UK.
(Not necessary for Tier1 General, as I mentioned in "5.c.", but I want to make it easy for the caseworker)
Date left, Date returned, number of days (excluding day of travel), Reason for travel
Grouped for each year and provided number of days out of the UK for each year
Also provided the passport immigration seal details.
For Qualifications Assesment: I have chosen "Qualification recognised on the points calculator" and "Qualification recognised on points calculator and evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application". So no Degree certificate provided!

Documents I carried with me to be on safer side:
--------------------------------------------------------
1. Degree Certificate (the one I produced for my Tier1 General and Tier1 Renewal)
2. 4 years 11 months Payslips
3. 4 years 11 months Bank statements
4. Rental Agreement

Appointment time 8:10a.m.
7:40a.m. - Reached PEO Croydon. (As I have seen many people said, they open at 7:30a.m. and I don't want to stand out in this cold weather)
:idea: *Have the appointment letter handy
7:47a.m. - Airport style security check. Bags first, belts, clear pockets, jackets :)
7:50a.m. - Sent to a service counter in ground floor. "Payment Details" and "Applicant Details" page were sealed and signed.
Sent to first floor payment counter
:idea: *Have the "Payment Details" page (that was sealed and signed) handy with the payment card
7:57a.m. - Payment done. Token number provided after successful payment.
Advised to wait in the first floor itself for Payment check, Application check and Biometric registraton
:idea: *Have the "Application" and "Token" handy
8:25a.m. - Token number called. Application verified, photos checked, and enrolled for biometric registration
:idea: *Have the "Token", "Passport" and exisiting "Biometric card" handy
8:45a.m. - Passport scanned, signed T&C's page after verifying Name, DOB (MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE NAME, DOB)
Biometric registrations done. Advised to wait at second floor for the case worker to assess the case.
:idea: *Have Token, Application, Passport(s), existing Biometric card, Supporting documents (Original and Photocopy) ready
9:15a.m. - Caseworker called the token number and asked the following documents.
Application
Passports
Biometric Card
Supporting documents (Asked whether I have photocopies)
Happily provided all the photocopies
9:20a.m. - After some basic checks, she said it would take 1 hour minimum.
Advised to wait in the waiting area. Also she said very politely, if any documents needed I would call you
:idea: *I was wondering will it take 1 hours to turn 80 pages. Hmmmmmm!!!!
I consoled myself, "["This is "Settlement" visa. 1 hour is way better than waiting for months (if applied by post). Just hold your breath.]".lol
Seated in the waiting area opposite. Started watching what's going on around and what my caseworker is doing :D
10:20a.m. - she called and advised that my ILR SET(O) Application is success.
She asked to verify the Name, Postal address details and sign the page.
Advised that the existing biometric card will be shredded and new one will be with me in 5 to 7 working days.
Returned the original supporting documents, 1 photo, Approval letter, and some general advise letter on ILR approval.
Also she asked me to read the advise letter pages provided along with the approval letter.
She asked, "any clarifications or doubts at all??"
Out of curiosity (after reading other people's request), I asked "Could you please let me know the LIUK results?"
The reply was "You have done it good, 100%".
A big :) :D :).

Thanks to technology that left us with PEO appointments/immigration forums etc.., thanks to the immigrationboards.com and thanks to the kind caseworker. Thanks to friends, family, and whoever supported to reach my childhood dream!

Now started counting my days for British Citizenship :D

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:49 pm

Congratulations on your ILR. Well done. You have really prepared well for the appointment.Documents you have provided the CW, were asked by the CW or you provided them. Is it possible to provide the format of the Payroll authorization letter and Leave authorization letter.

cluelesss

Re: PEO ILR SET(O) Croydon - Approved - Success

Post by cluelesss » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:59 pm

congrats. my appointment is on 23rd april for ILR at croydon. fingers crossed. :)