ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3, Final checklist & One point to Clarify.PR Approved

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scorpion123

EEA3, Final checklist & One point to Clarify.PR Approved

Post by scorpion123 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Dear all,

One of my friend is about to submit his application for PR (ILR) by exercising EU treaty rights (5 Year legal stay in UK as student, Bulgarian national) and I would greatly appreciate any input in regard to documents required in support of his application.

Documents that he intended to submit with application are,

1: Two Passport size photographs.
2: Original Passport (Bulgarian).
3: Yellow registration certificate as student(Issued back in 2007).
4: Academic documents covering the whole 5 years.
5: Declaration of sufficient funds.

A slight confusion regarding declaration of sufficient funds is that what exactly needs to be written, is stating "I xxxxx Declare that I have had sufficient funds during the whole period of stay in The UK and has never been financially a burden to UK " ?

Thanks
Last edited by scorpion123 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:29 am, edited 6 times in total.

boloney

Re: EEA3, Final checklist

Post by boloney » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:48 pm

I think he will need CSI covering period in question to claim that he was student and self-sufficent during that time.

scorpion123

Re: EEA3, Final checklist

Post by scorpion123 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:58 pm

boloney wrote:I think he will need CSI covering period in question to claim that he was student and self-sufficent during that time.
CSI was not required at the time when yellow registration card was obtained in 2007 so, as I understand, it's not required if registration was obtained before CSI requirement was enforced?

Thanks

scorpion123

Post by scorpion123 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:59 am

Question added in original post:)

fysicus
Netherlands

Re: EEA3, Final checklist & One point to Clarify Please.

Post by fysicus » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:25 am

scorpion123 wrote:Documents that he intended to submit with application are,

A slight confusion regarding declaration of sufficient funds is that what exactly needs to be written, is stating "I xxxxx Declare that I have had sufficient funds during the whole period of stay in The UK and have never been financially a burden to UK " ?
Any umambiguous statement will be fine; there is no prescribed format.

P.S. I took the liberty to correct a grammatical error (in red) above.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:59 am

scorpion123 wrote:Dear all,

One of my friend is about to submit his application for PR (ILR) by exercising EU treaty rights (5 Year legal stay in UK as student, Bulgarian national) and I would greatly appreciate any input in regard to documents required in support of his application.

A slight confusion regarding declaration of sufficient funds is that what exactly needs to be written, is stating "I xxxxx Declare that I have had sufficient funds during the whole period of stay in The UK and has never been financially a burden to UK " ?

Thanks
Your checklist is severally lacking the evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance (Private medical insurance) which was introduced in June, 2011 as being compulsory for Romanian and Bulgarian students. A mere possession of yellow registration certificate will not meet/replace this requirement therefore, any student period while dispossessing it likely be not counted towards the qualifying period for acquiring PR.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:02 am

sheraz7 wrote:
Your checklist is severally lacking the evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance (Private medical insurance) which was introduced in June, 2011 as being compulsory for Romanian and Bulgarian students. A mere possession of yellow registration certificate will not meet/replace this requirement therefore, any student period while dispossessing it likely be not counted towards the qualifying period for acquiring PR.
sheraz7 - check (2) in ECI CHAPTER 6 PERMANENT RESIDENCE - Annex B – Comprehensive sickness insurance – Transitional arrangements for students.

icexxik

Post by icexxik » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:55 am

scorpion123 wrote:Dear all,

Thanks
May I ask why does he want to get PR? If he wants to apply for citizenship, he can do so after 1 year of gaining PR status, but he doesn't actually need to APPLY for PR as PR is gained automatically upon meeting conditions. Even if he doesn't have the PR sticker in his reg certificate, he still has PR if he exercised treaty rights for 5 years. Employment restrictions will be lifted before he will get an his docs back.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:48 pm

@Jambo!
These transitional arrangements were only meant to give students enough time to adopt this heavy change that will affect many thousands of applicants. Therefore, a caseworker cannot solely refuse a PR application from romanian students because of not having csi must refer to a shorter time and certainly will not facilitate the romanian/Bulgarian student where he/she does not hold any csi at all for several years. Nevertheless, application is free and there is no harm in trying and apply it.
REGARDS

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:05 pm

sheraz7 wrote:@Jambo!
These transitional arrangements were only meant to give students enough time to adopt this heavy change that will affect many thousands of applicants. Therefore, a caseworker cannot solely refuse a PR application from romanian students because of not having csi must refer to a shorter time and certainly will not facilitate the romanian/Bulgarian student where he/she does not hold any csi at all for several years. Nevertheless, application is free and there is no harm in trying and apply it.
Are you able to support your interesting interpretation of the transitional arrangements?

If you read the document, it clearly states that if you had a Residence Cerificate as a student before 2011, then you are exempted from CSI. This has been supported by several members of this forum who were granted PR based on that.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:25 pm

@jambo
This manual/guideline regarding this transitional measure is not very recent and no where it is actually telling the time period in months/years/forever that the students who got their registration certificates before june 2011 will be exempted to buy csi in future too. It will totally depend on caseworker and each individual case and the length of time spent without csi.
REGARDS

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:54 pm

sheraz7 wrote:. It will totally depend on caseworker and each individual case and the length of time spent without csi.
No it's not.

As long as the conditions in the transitional arrangements are met, the applicant would be exempt (even if forever although naturally it affects fewer applicants as time goes by).

Your theory is nice but you still haven't explained on what you are basing it.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:23 pm

@Jambo
Remember EEA regulations cannot produce rapidly yes/no reply. They are contrary to PBS calculator whereby you get instant reply yes/no. These regulations contain several tricky/unclear terms e.g unreasonable burden, csi excess, self sufficiency threshold ...........etc. All depend on individual applicant, its circumstances and the caseworker. As application is free and no harm in applying and see.
REGARDS

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:31 pm

sheraz7 wrote:@Jambo
Remember EEA regulations cannot produce rapidly yes/no reply. They are contrary to PBS calculator whereby you get instant reply yes/no. These regulations contain several tricky/unclear terms e.g unreasonable burden, csi excess, self sufficiency threshold ...........etc. All depend on individual applicant, its circumstances and the caseworker. As application is free and no harm in applying and see.
I completely disagree with this statement and your previous comments on CSI and I suggest we leave it as it is at this point.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Jambo wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:@Jambo
I completely disagree with this statement and your previous comments on CSI and I suggest we leave it as it is at this point.
I am mostly a silent reader of this forum but I like this informative thread with its comments. It is really true that EEA regulations are not straight as UK immigration regulations and cannot give quickly the answers because most of the regulations are meaningless and varies from person to person with no pre-determined criteria.
That is why in now a days few applicants for same category with same documents getting success whereas few of them getting refusal with same documents for same category with same procedure. It is clearly indicating that each particular case with their particular circumstances and the particular caseworker has a big big impact.

scorpion123

Post by scorpion123 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:55 pm

I would like to say Thank you everyone for their constructive input, my friend will be posting his application in next few days with same documents that I've stated above and I will keep you posted with the out come.

Once again, Thank you all.

scorpion123

Post by scorpion123 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:57 am

Firstly, I would like to say A Big Thanks to all the members for their valuable advise in regards to above application.

We received confirm of Permanent resident yesterday and turn around time was less than 10 working day.

Timeline.

Posted on 21/03/13
Received By HO 22/03/13
PR Issued 03/04/13
PR received 08/04/13

Just to clarify, No proof of CSI was submitted to HO with application(Reference of Chapter 6 was given in cover letter).

Variety of documents were used to show residence in UK for last 5 years(Bank statements, Credit card statements,Utility Bills).

Declaration of funds + proof of sufficient funds was submitted(Bank statement for 1 month).

I must admit that we're surprised with turn around time of this application.

Thanks again to all for their advice and guidance.