ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Jobtitle doesn't exist in 2132 Software P

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iatuam1
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Jobtitle doesn't exist in 2132 Software P

Post by iatuam1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:17 am

Hi Guys,
I'm switching from PSW to Tier 2 General and I made my application on the 28th of January.
My Job Title is : Technical Service Developer - Basically I do Software Development - "I write Windows applications in Java and .Net(C#,VB)" and my Annual Salary is 30000. My CoS was issued with the Job tile stated Above, I got a letter requesting me to submit my biometric information on the 14th of Feb and I submitted it the next day. HR in my company received an email yesterday the 13th of March from UKBA and it stated

"Under the code 2132 Software Professionals under the Tier 2 Codes of Practice, which job title do did you assess the applicants salary against? The job title stated in the application does not match any of those in the Codes of practice. so we just need to clarify which to assess it against prior to proceeding with the application"

HR called me on this issue and obviously we noticed the mistake we made.
HR has replied to UKBA stating"I worked under Technical Services Department and my Job Title is a Computer Programmer" as indicated in the 2132 Software Professionals.

My question is although this has been rectified I'm still scared my application will be refused.

Please help as any advise will be necessary. My girlfriend is been crying all night as she thinks Im getting deported.

skraj
India

Re: Tier 2 Jobtitle doesn't exist in 2132 Software P

Post by skraj » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:56 am

iatuam1 wrote:Hi Guys,
I'm switching from PSW to Tier 2 General and I made my application on the 28th of January.
My Job Title is : Technical Service Developer - Basically I do Software Development - "I write Windows applications in Java and .Net(C#,VB)" and my Annual Salary is 30000. My CoS was issued with the Job tile stated Above, I got a letter requesting me to submit my biometric information on the 14th of Feb and I submitted it the next day. HR in my company received an email yesterday the 13th of March from UKBA and it stated

"Under the code 2132 Software Professionals under the Tier 2 Codes of Practice, which job title do did you assess the applicants salary against? The job title stated in the application does not match any of those in the Codes of practice. so we just need to clarify which to assess it against prior to proceeding with the application"

HR called me on this issue and obviously we noticed the mistake we made.
HR has replied to UKBA stating"I worked under Technical Services Department and my Job Title is a Computer Programmer" as indicated in the 2132 Software Professionals.

My question is although this has been rectified I'm still scared my application will be refused.

Please help as any advise will be necessary. My girlfriend is been crying all night as she thinks Im getting deported.
hi,

I think everything will be alright since they contacted your employer, so don't worry mate. you may get your results by next week.
How your HR updated your information with UKBA?(through email?)
personally I would ask my HR to call them again and check for the changes.
what SOC code your COS mentioned when it was assigned to you?

iatuam1
Newly Registered

Post by iatuam1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:28 am

Hi skraj,
Thanks for your prompt, I really do appreciate this. HR replied my email. I have mentioned to this to the director of the company and requested he should call them and confirm my position which he has delightfully agreed to.

My SOC code in my CoS is : Job type: 2132 IT, software professionals.

I hope this is right.

Regards,

Ivan