ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1(Gen) renewal- Evidence of earnings documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pranav
Newly Registered

Tier-1(Gen) renewal- Evidence of earnings documents

Post by pranav » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:53 am

Hi,

I'm applying for my Tier 1 (Gen) renewal mid of next month. Could you please help clarify some doubts around income evidence documents

I was in full time employment until Oct-12 and then I set-up a Ltd. company and I've been contracting since Nov-12.
I take monthly salary from my Ltd. company and also will be taking some dividend at of this month.

Doubts:
1. I am confused as I think I'm self employed but my accountant says I'm employed and director of a Ltd. company.
2. If I give monthly payslip and dividend vouchers, will it be sufficient? Or do I have to also give Business Bank statement, Business Accounts and letter from accoountant.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks.

Pranav

unchained
Newly Registered

Post by unchained » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:34 am

1. Your accountant is right. As per HMRC you are employed, however UKBA will treat you as self employed if you are a Ltd. Company director drawing a salary and dividends.
I was in a similar situation as you and I applied in person. On the form, I marked myself as 'Employed'.

2. I submitted following documents in a folder: Payslips, Dividend Vouchers, Personal Bank accounts (with payments highlighted), Business Bank accounts and a balance sheet of current financial year.
The caseworker said that she doesn't need the Business Bank accounts and balance sheet, but would like to keep them with her just in case the higher management demands. I'd say just provide everything to avoid any doubts.

pranav
Newly Registered

Post by pranav » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:37 am

Thanks a lot for clarifying this.

However I read a lot of posts where members were rejected due to insufficient documents like invoices, accountant letter and so on.

what was the outcome of your interview? how long did the case worker take to complete your application.

Thanks.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:25 pm

The newer form does not have a option to mention self employed or employed.
You will need an accountant letter to reflect your salary and dividend earnings.
Also, the accountant must be a member of bodies currently recognized by UKBA.