ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused : if wife can apply for naturalisation with husband

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shishir30

Confused : if wife can apply for naturalisation with husband

Post by shishir30 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:27 am

Hi,

This is the query on behalf of my brother who is living in UK from last 6 years and got ILR for more than 1 year.. so he is definitely eligible for naturalisation.

However, his spouse is on dependent visa from last 3.5 years (including 14 months on ILR).

Can they both apply together for naturalisation or my brother has to get BC first before his wife can apply. It would be a saving of few hundred pounds in application are submitted together.

Thanks.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:39 pm

The also spouse needs to complete 5 years in the UK to meet the residental requirement. So she'll not qualify if applied together.
However, once husband gets BC (i.e. attends naturalisation), then she can apply as a spouse of BC - the residential requirement in this category is 3 years.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:15 pm