ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Meet and exceed financial requirement - Bank Statement?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Moonandstar

Meet and exceed financial requirement - Bank Statement?

Post by Moonandstar » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi all,
Applying for a spouse visa for my wife in Pakistan and I comfortably meet the financial requirement as a sponsor. I will be including my most recent 7 months of payslips as well as a letter from employer.
My question is do i also need to submit my bank statements too?
If I do my bank can only give me the previous 3 months worth of statements. Is this ok?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:44 pm

You need to submit 6 months bank statements. This may guidance may help:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ndix-fmse/

navodwickra

Re: Meet and exceed financial requirement - Bank Statement?

Post by navodwickra » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:49 am

Moonandstar wrote:Hi all,
Applying for a spouse visa for my wife in Pakistan and I comfortably meet the financial requirement as a sponsor. I will be including my most recent 7 months of payslips as well as a letter from employer.
If I do my bank can only give me the previous 3 months worth of statements. Is this ok?

Thanks in advance.
no not ok. You need at least 6 months pay slips and the same number of bank statements to go with them.

also don't forget to send you original employment contract and some P60(if you have any at all)

Moonandstar

Post by Moonandstar » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:20 am

navodwickra wrote:

Thanks in advance.
no not ok. You need at least 6 months pay slips and the same number of bank statements to go with them.

also don't forget to send you original employment contract and some P60(if you have any at all)
The problem is that I have 3 months of bank statements showing weekly deposits with 'WAGES' as the reference. The 3 months statements before that show money coming in and out in different amounts but with no reference to wages as i had no idea i would be getting married and need to be applying for a visa.
Should i still send all 6 months worth of bank statements or should I just get 6 months worth of statements from the bank which do not show individual deposits but rather monthly balances?
Thanks.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Moonandstar wrote:
navodwickra wrote:

Thanks in advance.

The problem is that I have 3 months of bank statements showing weekly deposits with 'WAGES' as the reference. The 3 months statements before that show money coming in and out in different amounts but with no reference to wages as i had no idea i would be getting married and need to be applying for a visa.
Should i still send all 6 months worth of bank statements or should I just get 6 months worth of statements from the bank which do not show individual deposits but rather monthly balances?
Thanks.
The bank statement related to the pay check doesn't have to have a reference but the amount in the payslip should match the amount in the statement.

Moonandstar

Post by Moonandstar » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Ahh ok. My payslips show that I should be getting £440.00 a week but my latest 3 months bank statements with the "WAGES" reference show me depositing £410.00 a week as I would use £30 for petrol. I don't think that should be a problem because even at £410.00 a week I still make £21320.00 after tax.

The only issue I can think of is that before I got married I didn't deposit my wages in regularly weekly and when I did the amounts would be like £1000.00 and some times £200.00 and some weeks I wouldn't deposit my wages at all and use the cash for living, but the total balance of the account never fell below £7000.00. So the older 3 months of the bank statements are like this.

Lastly my employer issues pay slips monthly but I get paid weekly in cash. Is this ok?

Thanks again for any help.

Moonandstar

Post by Moonandstar » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

andreamathers
Newly Registered

Post by andreamathers » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:24 pm

This process is doing my head in...I can't believe my husband and I were so stupid as to omit important documents, namely pay slips and a letter from my employer...but now as I read these posts trying to get an idea of timings, I fear I may have messed up again!

I have not included copies of corresponding bank statements against my salary!

Does anyone know if that will be another reason for them refusing, because if it is, I just don't think I can take it?!

Thanks!

uzee

Post by uzee » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi everyone

Let me get this right (in same boat)

So for proof of wages i need to submit:
  • Monthly Pay slips
    Bank statements
    Contract from the beginning of employment
Is there anything else?