ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test: second name instead of the first

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

serggry

Life in the UK test: second name instead of the first

Post by serggry » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:34 pm

Dear members,

For some reason my Life in the UK test report shows my second name as first one and second name as first one.

Would you please suggest if Home Office accept this?

Maybe somebody had a similar situation?

What is the email address to send a query to UKBA in this regard?

Thanks.

serggry

xpscapable
Australia

Re: Life in the UK test: second name instead of the first

Post by xpscapable » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:57 pm

serggry wrote:Dear members,

For some reason my Life in the UK test report shows my second name as first one and second name as first one.

serggry
It happened to me. After mulling about it, I re-did the test, this time making sure that I had the name around. I'd rather re-do the test and have the piece of mind rather than fretting about it.

serggry

Thanks.

Post by serggry » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:11 am

Yes, but the problem that I wanted to have an old test.. but cannot book any test slots.

Thanks anyway.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:56 pm

[quote="serggry"]Dear members,

Thanks.

serggry[/quot

Why don't you call the Life In The Uk Help LIne and ask for their advise. 0800 0154245 Mo-Fri (8am-6pm)

serggry

Tried

Post by serggry » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:26 pm

I tried to call but they cant advise on this at all. Eventually it was my fault. I also sent a request to UKBA by email.

Seems I have to book another test with a new book to learn. I looked into it and it is about 50% more material to learn including more history and personalities. But there are no test questions even official.

Isaac01
Newly Registered

Post by Isaac01 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:56 pm

I did this exact thing.
When I arrived at the test centre was the first i knew about it. The supervisor said that they would put a note on mu LIUK test file saying that the names were the wrong way around.
I did not end up going for ILR in the end as I got an extension of my current visa. However I did submit the pass certificate with my names the wrong way round and nothing was raised.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Tried

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:11 pm

serggry wrote:I tried to call but they cant advise on this at all. Eventually it was my fault. I also sent a request to UKBA by email.

Seems I have to book another test with a new book to learn. I looked into it and it is about 50% more material to learn including more history and personalities. But there are no test questions even official.
Why don't you call your SAR file from UKBA? If your LITUK Test results have been sent to UKBA by the centre your results will be available in your records. It will take 40-50 days for your to receive the SAR file . Some times longer than that.

aztec1032

Post by aztec1032 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:03 pm

serggry wrote:Dear members,

Thanks.

serggry
Hi Serggry.. I had exactly the same issue when I turned up for my test today. However, I was assured by the center personnel that this won't be a problem as long as I submit a covering letter explaining the issue with my application. The test supervisor also took my signature next to my name (in addition to the signature section) just for additional confirmation. He also mentioned that they have had few other cases like this previously and no one had ever come back to retake.

Also, I had booked my test with BRP which is unique and can be reconciled with my test details... so I believe I can push forward with the fact that this was rather a genuine mistake. But again .. this all depends on the case worker I presume .... Please let me know if you are applying with this or opting for another test? Good luck with whatever you decide to do ..

Suggestion from any other members with similar experience and final outcome will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:33 pm

What is a SAR file please?
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice