ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ho old can be the letter on absences from employer?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukswus

Ho old can be the letter on absences from employer?

Post by ukswus » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Suppose I left employer A 2 years ago, and that he gave me a letter confirming my absences back then. Is it OK to bring this letter to ILR appointment? I understand it does not have to be dated recently (eg one month before the appointment is due?)

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:59 pm

That would be a fair & reasonable assumption, IMHO. I see no reason as to why a letter confirming former employment absences needs to be dated recently.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi ukswus,

Could you please share the format of employer letter to confirm employment absences ?

I'm in the process of requesting a letter from previous employer 2 year ago. If I receive a letter dated now, Is it OK to submit the same letter for ILR ?

Please advise and I'll look forward your reply. Thanks

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:03 pm

pegakrishna wrote:Hi ukswus,

Could you please share the format of employer letter to confirm employment absences ?

I'm in the process of requesting a letter from previous employer 2 year ago. If I receive a letter dated now, Is it OK to submit the same letter for ILR ?

Please advise and I'll look forward your reply. Thanks
Please look at Sticky's Template for the format of your Absence letter.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:18 pm

I did check Sticky's template and does not suit my needs.

I'm looking for the format to request a letter to my previous employer and they can print it in the company letter head.

Pls point me to right links if you aware of

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:29 pm

pegakrishna wrote:I did check Sticky's template and does not suit my needs.

I'm looking for the format to request a letter to my previous employer and they can print it in the company letter head.

Pls point me to right links if you aware of
From Sticky's Template you could change it to suit your Case. Other wise you have to search the forum. If I do find one I will post you the links.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:36 pm

pegakrishna wrote:I'm in the process of requesting a letter from previous employer 2 year ago. If I receive a letter dated now, Is it OK to submit the same letter for ILR ?
How recent or old the letter is dated is not significant/important, when it comes to confirming absences. You should be fine.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Thank you both for your immediate answers.

Just checking once, Is it mandatory to have employer letter to cover my UK absences while I was on Work Permit visa during 2008 - 2010 ?

What if , employer unable to give absence letters and any alternative options you could suggest ?

Do I need to produce absence letters while I'm on Tier 1 G visa based on today rule changes also ? Pls confirm

Note: I have all the hard-copy payslips and P60s during the period 2008-2010 on WP basis.

I will be applying ILR coming June.

Pls advise

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:54 pm

pegakrishna wrote:Thank you both for your immediate answers.

Just checking once, Is it mandatory to have employer letter to cover my UK absences while I was on Work Permit visa during 2008 - 2010 ?

What if , employer unable to give absence letters and any alternative options you could suggest ?

Do I need to produce absence letters while I'm on Tier 1 G visa based on today rule changes also ? Pls confirm

Note: I have all the hard-copy payslips and P60s during the period 2008-2010 on WP basis.

I will be applying ILR coming June.

During your WP period good you are having payslips and P60s. But some CWs want to see Employer's absence Letter. Yes You need the absence letter with today's rule changes for Tier 1.

Pls advise

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:15 pm

pegakrishna wrote:1) Is it mandatory to have employer letter to cover my UK absences while I was on Work Permit visa during 2008 - 2010 ?

2) Do I need to produce absence letters while I'm on Tier 1 G visa based on today rule changes also ? Pls confirm
1) According to the rules, it is required. But there are those including myself, who did not have to submit a letter. I had one ready but never submitted it as it was not requested on the day. If you are unable to get a letter, do you have anything from that employer which states all your annual leave was paid for? E.g. Employment contract. I think the importance of the letter, will depend to an extent, on the number of absences you had while you were on a WP.
2) According to the statement of changes and my interpretation of them, yes, it does appear that you will need a letter for T1G absences now.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:22 pm

cs95tdg - To answer your points.

You mentioned you had a letter ready but you did not submit it. Could you please share the format of the letter. I will use that letter as a reference to raise requests to my previous and current employers.

#1 - I have an employment contract but I need to check annual leave paid clause. However, I took only 24 days during 2008-2010
#2 - Point will be noted and I will ensure get my absence letters since 2010 onwards.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Is there any reason you do not like the format posted on the sticky thread here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=52143

It will serve the purpose you require it for. Whichever template you use, you will need to substitute your details and your employer details. Additionally change the statement on the type of absences to those you had. I.e. if they were all paid annual leave then just include that.

In my case, I just drafted the letter, according to my absences & gave it to my employer to print & sign on a company letter head. It was a simple letter, and to the point. I'm not sure that I kept the letter template itself though.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:37 am

cs95tdg,

During WP period, I did check on Previous Employment offer letter and it's clearly mentioned that 20 working days per annum can be availed as Vacation purpose.

Is it sufficient to prove UKBA ?

Plus I will carry all payslips & P60s during 2008 -2010

Pls advise.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:01 am

Can any body please share the absence letter format for personal reasons.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:02 pm

pegakrishna wrote:During WP period, I did check on Previous Employment offer letter and it's clearly mentioned that 20 working days per annum can be availed as Vacation purpose.

Is it sufficient to prove UKBA ?
If you are able to get a letter, then do so, as that is what is stated as required. If you are unable to get a letter, then take your employment contract letter instead as that will be better than taking nothing.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:06 pm

AUHS wrote:Can any body please share the absence letter format for personal reasons.
You can use the template provided in the sticky. Remove references to WP in it, if you aren't a WP Holder, and you are good to go. All templates can & should be adjusted to suit your circumstances & needs. If you only have annual leave absences (taken for personal reasons) then that's what you would state in the column for reason. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=52143

Eddie16
Newly Registered

Some queries regarding absence letter and pbs dependent

Post by Eddie16 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:20 pm

Hi Gurus,

I have 2 queries. I am going to apply for ilr next month as a tier 1 general migrant. I have in total 104 days spent outside the UK in the last 5 years. I am able to get absence letter for my leaves from my current employer. However I am unable to get any absence letter from my previous employer as it has gone in to liquidation in July 2012. I left the company in April 2011 and joined the current one after 4 months. So how do I go about explaining my leaves for that year? It is in total 50 days in 2 different years. I don't have have any pay slips or contract as I never thought I would need them.

Secondly my wife has been living with me as pbs dependent of tier 1 general for more than 4 years. Can she apply with me on the same form for her ilr or does she have to extend and make it 5 years before she can apply for ilr?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Some queries regarding absence letter and pbs dependent

Post by haiksuresh » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 am

Eddie16 wrote:Hi Gurus,

I have 2 queries. I am going to apply for ilr next month as a tier 1 general migrant. I have in total 104 days spent outside the UK in the last 5 years. I am able to get absence letter for my leaves from my current employer. However I am unable to get any absence letter from my previous employer as it has gone in to liquidation in July 2012. I left the company in April 2011 and joined the current one after 4 months. So how do I go about explaining my leaves for that year? It is in total 50 days in 2 different years. I don't have have any pay slips or contract as I never thought I would need them.

Secondly my wife has been living with me as pbs dependent of tier 1 general for more than 4 years. Can she apply with me on the same form for her ilr or does she have to extend and make it 5 years before she can apply for ilr?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
regarding absence letter, you can give a self explanatory letter that should be fine.
If your wife came uk before 9th July 2012 then she need to stay with you 2 years. So you need to show cohabitation documents i.e from 3 sources spanning 2 years. If she joined after 2012 then she need to complete 5 years.

Regards,
Suresh

kedia246
Newly Registered

Queries regarding Absence Letter from Employer - Tier 1 G

Post by kedia246 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:03 pm

Hi

I've some urgent queries regarding absence letter from employer:

1. I'm going to apply for my ILR in Oct-15 through my Tier G route
2. I've a total of 45 leaves (All paid) in my last 5 years (Oct 2010 to Sep 2015) and the longest single leave is 15 days long in a year.
2. For except one leave (i.e. during 2010-2011) which is 15 days long, all my leaves are through my own limited company i.e. when I was in contract.

My question is:
1. Is it mandatory to submit absence letter from employer for Tier 1 G candidates ?
2. If yes, Will that be fine if I produce a letter in my own limited company letterhead and I sign the same as I'm the director of the company for all my absences when I was working as a contractor (through this limited company). Do I need to get this signed from my accountant too ?
3. I'm not sure about my first leave taken during 2010-11 when I was an employee of Indian MNC. I left this company almost 4 years back and it might be a challenging to get a letter from them for that absence of 15 days. Although it was my annual paid leave. What best can be done to cover this absence ?

I'll really appreciate your quick response/suggestion

Thanks,
Kedia246