ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query from HO

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gulrose786

Query from HO

Post by gulrose786 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Tier1 E applied in the first week of february 2013 and got query few days ago. CW said your application is being considered and there is a minor document missing in your application and requested me to send evidence of payment of NI class 2 contribution with in 2 weeks. The person who is self employed he/she is liable to pay class 2 NI Contribution that's for sure. i have applied Tier 1 E As a director of my Limited Company and director of Limited company dont pay Class 2 National Insurance contribution that's for sure as well. what can be the best reply to C. Worker?

smehmood
BANNED

Re: Query from HO

Post by smehmood » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:37 pm

gulrose786 wrote:Tier1 E applied in the first week of february 2013 and got query few days ago. CW said your application is being considered and there is a minor document missing in your application and requested me to send evidence of payment of NI class 2 contribution with in 2 weeks. The person who is self employed he/she is liable to pay class 2 NI Contribution that's for sure. i have applied Tier 1 E As a director of my Limited Company and director of Limited company dont pay Class 2 National Insurance contribution that's for sure as well. what can be the best reply to C. Worker?
Hi

Get a letter from Solicitor if u have one or an accountant or yourself explaining situation. Also attach you company Certificate please.

Regards
Shaukat

gulrose786

Post by gulrose786 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:43 pm

smehmood wrote:
gulrose786 wrote:Tier1 E applied in the first week of february 2013 and got query few days ago. CW said your application is being considered and there is a minor document missing in your application and requested me to send evidence of payment of NI class 2 contribution with in 2 weeks. The person who is self employed he/she is liable to pay class 2 NI Contribution that's for sure. i have applied Tier 1 E As a director of my Limited Company and director of Limited company dont pay Class 2 National Insurance contribution that's for sure as well. what can be the best reply to C. Worker?
Hi

Get a letter from Solicitor if u have one or an accountant or yourself explaining situation. Also attach you company Certificate please.

Regards

Hello

Each and every related document of Limited Company has already been given(All company house documents). Anyway thanks for your help

Regards,
Gulrose

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:49 am

If you are sure as a director of a limited company you dont need to pay class2 National Insurance contribution,then explain them and also look at HM Revenue if you can find any proof in support of your claim.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

sssa
Newly Registered

Post by sssa » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:16 am

As a director, are you taking a salary from the company?

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Did you ever give the impression that you are self employed in your application? because you can be a director and be self employed by collecting salary or paying yourself from your company account. It all boils down to what your application tells the cw

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:22 pm

one more question. Did you call hmrc to tell them you have stared trading? If so the cw may be assuming that you are already trading and paying yourself salary. Speak to an accountant.

gulrose786

Post by gulrose786 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:56 pm

monolyte wrote:
one more question. Did you call hmrc to tell them you have stared trading? If so the cw may be assuming that you are already trading and paying yourself salary. Speak to an accountant.
No i have not yet informed Hmrc about trading but trading has been started since February first week. As a Director i will only claim dividend at the end of the accounting period so i am not taking any salary at all. As i have understood from HMRC website i will not pay any National Insurance on my dividend but i will defiantly pay Class 1 National Insurance for my employees each month.

Regards,
Gulrose

gulrose786

Post by gulrose786 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:59 pm

monolyte wrote:
Did you ever give the impression that you are self employed in your application? because you can be a director and be self employed by collecting salary or paying yourself from your company account. It all boils down to what your application tells the cw
Not at all because i have attached relevant company documents to claim points as director. no remuneration except dividend

Regards
Gulrose

gulrose786

Post by gulrose786 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Mr Legal wrote:If you are sure as a director of a limited company you dont need to pay class2 National Insurance contribution,then explain them and also look at HM Revenue if you can find any proof in support of your claim.
Thanks Mr. Legal i have sent reply(Accountant letter and Hmrc website reference) to c.worker.

Regards
Gulrose