ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Set(O) - Section 11L confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ekta

ILR - Set(O) - Section 11L confusion

Post by ekta » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:34 am

Hi All

I am about to send my ILR postal application, i have confusion about following, please can you advice?

Category - WP(1.5 years)+ Tier1 General (3.5 years)

As in SET O form - section 11L,
It says "For the period before you were granted leave as Tier1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules"

I have got employment history from HMRC but it doesn't match with my pay slips. Reason is - I was an indian employee(working in UK) and was paid in UK as PerDiems. Half of my per diems were non-taxable and so my P60 is only showing taxable income but my payslips had full (almost double) figures. e.g. I was paid 2000 Per Diems in pay slip out of which 1000 were taxable but my P60 and HMRC employment history documents only showing taxable income 1000 for that month.

My question is -
a) Based on P60 or HMRC employment history doc, I can't prove if I was paid salary which I showed at the time Tier1 application?
b) I may be taking it wrongly, I have got copy of work permit as Original was returned to the company. Is copy of WP sufficient to fulfil this category?
OR what other documents to show to prove that I met relevant requirements of immigration rules? I really don't understand Which Immigration rule? this is confusing.

Please advise. An early response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ekta

seba

Post by seba » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:15 am

As long as you have your WP permitted and visa stamped in your passport, I don't think they would require your WP salary details. Hence you have already proved that you were earning.

Even I was in my early 2.5 years in WP only and with Tier 1 G after that.

ekta

Post by ekta » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks Seba for your reply.

My concern is I am sending Postal application so trying to play safe. Any Gurus/senior member, please confirm if it will be okay to provide WP copy?

Cheers
Ekta

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:14 am

seba wrote:As long as you have your WP permitted and visa stamped in your passport, I don't think they would require your WP salary details. Hence you have already proved that you were earning.

Even I was in my early 2.5 years in WP only and with Tier 1 G after that.
Seba - Have you got any letter from your previous employer while you were on WP period ? If so , please do share

Ekta - Have you got Absence letter during WP period as well ?

ekta

Post by ekta » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Seniors please reply, can I just provide copy of work permit?

And will there be a problem as my P60 not showing the salary I was paid as it had some Non-Taxable component?

Thanks
EKta

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:28 pm

ekta wrote:Seniors please reply, can I just provide copy of work permit?

And will there be a problem as my P60 not showing the salary I was paid as it had some Non-Taxable component?

Thanks
EKta
Can you get a letter from hr specifying your gross salary just in case?
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

ekta

Post by ekta » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:51 pm

I can't get a letter as I have left the company but I am trying to get my e-payslips attested, will that be okay?