ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to count days of absence from the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wakate55
Newly Registered

How to count days of absence from the UK

Post by wakate55 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:57 am

Hi all,

I am wondering if they count a day, such as leaving the UK just before midnight and arriving the UK just after midnight, into 180 days.

Kind regards,

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:48 am

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Include the date on your stamp, stick these in the absences format excel sheet (you can search that link for download in this forum itself).

It has already set formulae that will calculate itself. You can chose columns if its paid or work leave, and it calculates leaves for you.

Hope that helps.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

wakate55
Newly Registered

Post by wakate55 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:04 am

Thank you for your replay.

As I read the UKBA documents about days absence, I am still not sure how they count it.

According to the document,
"Only whole days absences are counted. Part day absences, for example, less than 24 hours duration are not counted."

For instance, if I went out from the UK on Saturday and came back to the UK on Sunday, would they regard it as two whole days absence?

Many thanks,

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:49 am

wakate55 wrote:Thank you for your replay.

As I read the UKBA documents about days absence, I am still not sure how they count it.

"Only whole days absences are counted. Part day absences, for example, less than 24 hours duration are not counted."

For instance, if I went out from the UK on Saturday and came back to the UK on Sunday, would they regard it as two whole days absence?

Many thanks,
If u leave uk on 10 th and return back on 11th then it is counted as zero days as you were in uk on both days.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:43 am

uksettlement wrote:
wakate55 wrote:Thank you for your replay.

Many thanks,
If u leave uk on 10 th and return back on 11th then it is counted as zero days as you were in uk on both days.
Thank You UK settlement. That was an important Point.