ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed and Employed: Please clear this for Once !

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

danial786
Newly Registered

Self employed and Employed: Please clear this for Once !

Post by danial786 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:38 am

Hi guys, I am going for my Tier 1 extension next week PEO. I need your genuine and sincere help to arrange the document’s that i need to submit. I will be claiming income from 2 sources salaried income and Employment through limited company structure. So far I have assembled following documents

1) Salaried Employee.
  • Pay Slips (12 month period earnings)
    Personal Bank Statement. (12 month period earnings.)

Or should i submit this letter below insteads of payslips to keep it simple (Only two page’s)
  • Letter from my employer with full breakdown of the monthly earning paid. (Letter head is stamped and signed by company payroll administrator)
2) Employment capacity in own Limited Company Structure (100 Shareholders and director of company)
  • Payslips (12 Month Period earnings)
    Dividend Vouchers (12 Month Period earnings) (Prepare by accountant)
    Personal Bank Statement (As provided with salaried employee income)
Additional supporting documents in support of above employment though limited company structure
  • Business Statement
    Accountant Letter & Profit and Loss Statement
    Corporate Tax Return (Tax year 2011-2012)
    Paye Payment (although i was drawing a very little pay but still have to pay tax on my salary as BR Code - Emergency Tax Code, because i already utilized full tax free income allowance on my salaried employment)
Documents that i will carry but will not submit until asked for and i am planning to tell caseworker to asked any documented she need before handing me the big list of documents that I need to provide later :evil:
  • Invoice summary from accountant
    original Invoices duplicate (on my company letter head)
    Clients Contracts (In accordance with England and Wales Law)
    Self assessment tax return for 2010-2012 (Always paid full tax)
    Self assessment tax return for 2011-2013 (Always paid full tax)

Now let me explain how I have come up with the conclusion above.

if you read guides note 111.
  • 111. The applicant must provide at least two different types of supporting document for each source of earnings claimed. Each piece of supporting evidence must be from a separate source and support all the other evidence so that together they clearly prove the earnings claimed. For example: When providing documents for salaried employment, an applicant should not send payslips together with a P60, because we consider both of these documents to be from the same source.
So I have provided payslip and dividend voucher (evidence 1) along with personal bank statement and business bank statement (evidence 2) (for limited company)

They have also given an example of the documented that we need to provide in page 35
  • Self-employed earnings within a business or company structure: If an applicant has worked in a self employed capacity in his/her own business or company structure and has chosen to keep his/her earnings within the business or company, he/she could provide:

• business or company accounts that meet statutory requirements and show the net profit made for the earnings period claimed; and
    • personal/business bank statements.

If the applicant’s accounts and bank statements only show the gross amount of profit for the business he/she should also provide a third piece of evidence showing the net profit of the business for the period claimed, for example a corporation tax return or an accountant’s letter. This is because we can only consider the net profit of the business for the applicant’s income.

Please guys let me know If I have missed something or the above list is perfect :?: , I have tried my level best to come up with something which is accordingly to guidances, but again i'am not a immigraiton lawyer (believe me there is lots of bad eggs oh i mean immigration lawyers out there )

similar guidance with be really appreciated

Please do put your input as there are lots of people still confused how to arranged the documents, help from seniors members will be really appericated

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:58 pm

You got multiple proofs for certain requirements. I would suggest to prepare a folder with one set of originals and xerox in the other folder.
Take them with you, don't worry too much how to arrange documents in sequence or any serial form. Just listen to caseworker, whatever he/she needs will ask you and you give it to them.

There is no need to be nervous, if you have worked and meet the requirements they will give you visa! Make sure you read guidance notes and form requirements properly. Good luck
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

danial786
Newly Registered

Post by danial786 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Thnx for reply crusador0408 !

It's not that I am nervous but I'am worried to get a decision later rather than same day ..... I have a meeting coming up with potential supplier in china in April and I don't want to miss this meeting, as this will be life changing opportunity for me and I have been working on this for last 1.5 years.

Also what do you mean by that I'am providing multiple proofs for my income could you elaborate bit more.

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:35 am

Danial,

Here is what I suggest for your limited company director earnings -

i) Payslips and Dividend vouchers (signed by you).
ii) Accoutant letter for payment summaries (Payslips and dividend vouchers clearly specifying gross earnings, net earnings, gross dividend, net dividend, dividend tax credit, gross salary, net salary, PAYE/NI if paid)
iii) Personal bank statement (last 12 months) + maintenance fund bank statement (last 3 months)

Backup which case worker would ask (make sure you take it as case worker asked me explicitly for these though I also had it as backup :) )

i) Business bank statement (last 12 months).
ii) Invoices summary by Accountant + Actual raised Invoices.
iii) Client Contracts agreement
iv) Company house certificate for the company

You can highlight all payments in business bank statement on the side (like salary payment, corp tax, VAT, PAYE/NI payment etc).

Back up which case worker might not ask (at least for me she didn't ask for it)
i) Company tax returns (all years if you have submitted)
ii) Your self assesment returns (all years).
iii) All P60.
iv) Letter from accountant mentioning your Class A PAYE/NI status as director of company and that you are not required to register with HMRC as self employed and no need to pay Class 2 NI. (I took it because of so many cases with people on this forum. Case worker might ask for it and then you don't want to delay the application).