ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing passports and visa renewal timings - need both!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

funkyr
Newly Registered

Changing passports and visa renewal timings - need both!

Post by funkyr » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi all

First of all what an incredible website! There's so much info to help with my T1 extension!

Can anyone help:

My Visa expires in July and I need to reapply soon.
I'm going to need a new passport (Aussie) in about 6-9 months time.

Is it better to:
1) Apply for a new passport then apply for the extension. If so what happens to my old passport and visa stuck inside there? Do I need to apply for a new sticker for my new passport (that will only last until July)?

2) Get the visa renewal on my old passport and then later on apply for a new passport? Again what happens then to the sticker in my old passport again?

Thanks!

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:05 am

Its good to apply with new passport. It is recommended to apply for visa or extension when your passport has validity of 6 months or more.

You need to carry both passport while travelling.
Last edited by rajesh9pl on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:30 am

There are no stickers issued for fir T1 general visa... you will get a BRP Card... since this is not tied up with your passport physically, you can renew your passport anytime. As told earlier, UKBA expect at least 6months of validity of passport while considering visa applications.