ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for my wife-studying home

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mshkhan27
Newly Registered

ILR for my wife-studying home

Post by mshkhan27 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi,

My wife got her visa on 15th Jan 2011 and came to visit me on the 7th Feb 2011. She stayed here for a month and went back to Home to finish her study. She finally joined me in Dec 2011. Since then, she has been living with me. I will be applying for ILR in July 2013. Can she apply for ILR at the same time?

Does she need to extend her visa again?

Could study cause be a ground not to live together as the law requires 2 years together living to apply for ILR under Tier 1 General?

I would really appreciate comments regarding this.

Kind Regards
Sharif

dreamfriend

Re: ILR for my wife-studying home

Post by dreamfriend » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:58 am

1. Can she apply for ILR at the same time? NO

2. Does she need to extend her visa again? Yes

3. Could study cause be a ground not to live together as the law requires 2 years together living to apply for ILR under Tier 1 General?
NO Need to apply for SET (M). but if your ILR not received by the time of her current visa expire then you can apply by FLR(O). but need to confirm..........