ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need toattached marriage contracts with ILR applicatio

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

strager786
Newly Registered

Do I need toattached marriage contracts with ILR applicatio

Post by strager786 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:10 pm

Just a quick question.

My wife is living overseas(i have to sponsor her after i got ILR ).I am applying for my ILR based on 5 year work permit old scheme.

My question is that do I need to submitt our marriage papers/certificates? Is there any where on ILR aoplication form I have to mention her name or bio data?

Thanking in advance.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Do I need toattached marriage contracts with ILR applica

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:13 pm

strager786 wrote:Just a quick question.

My wife is living overseas(i have to sponsor her after i got ILR ).I am applying for my ILR based on 5 year work permit old scheme.

My question is that do I need to submitt our marriage papers/certificates? Is there any where on ILR aoplication form I have to mention her name or bio data?

Thanking in advance.
Please read SET O Guidance and SET O Form carefully.You will find the answer.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:50 pm

You are applying for ILR is for you only,under WP category.How can you apply for your wife's ILR,who is not living here nor is she a dependent of yours.SET O form does not ask for marriage Certificate??? I know at the last minute you think you need so many documents. It happens to every body.

shal1981

Re: Do I need toattached marriage contracts with ILR applica

Post by shal1981 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:22 pm

strager786 wrote:Just a quick question.

Thanking in advance.
Once you get your ILR you will need to get her visa later which will not be ILR but permission to stay with you. Dependent will get ILR only after certain time they have spent with you here in UK at same address etc. read ukba website for further info.