ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Certificate - Translation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahmir

Marriage Certificate - Translation

Post by shahmir » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:44 pm

I am a Tier 1 General Migrant. Last year Embassy in Abu Dhabi accepted English translation of our Marriage Certificate when my wife applied as a dependent from Pakistan. Most embassies in Pakistan accept translation from the company my wife got it from.

Now at the time of extension, is it mandatory to send Marriage certificate again with translation. Can I send the same translation or now I have to get it translated from some UK certified translator.

If I have to, then where can I find a list of UKBA approved / certified translators?
lets get together for migrants' rights

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:27 pm

If it is accepted during entry clearance, most likely it will be accepted during renewal as well.
However, keeping in mind the way UKBA work, highly recommended to get it translated again by approved UK translator... you will sleep better at night... :)

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:43 pm

As far as I know, you dont need to send marriage certificate or translated copy as your wife has already got visa as your dependant so no need of it at extension time. Even her visa might be showing her name as Partner of x.
The persons I know, none of them sent marriage certificate or translated copy.

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:00 am

Thanks, really appreciate.
lets get together for migrants' rights