ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification on Document required by UKBA for Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VisaFrenzy
Newly Registered

Clarification on Document required by UKBA for Tier 2

Post by VisaFrenzy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:00 pm

Hello all,

I am totally confused about this and wondering if you can help me out on this and give me guidance to the best of your knowledge and experience.

I am finishing my course on 2nd May 2013 and the results are coming in on 20 June 2013. Now I want to switch to Tier 2 (General) but don't know what document is required by UKBA for demonstrating that I have completed my course.

Policy guidance states: application for switching to tier 2 must be made within uk and before student visa is expires. The person must have completed their course of study for the same a transcript or a letter of reference from university is acceptable.

Confusion: I am not sure if I will be able to obtain my transcript as it takes time for award body to issue the results and publish them on uni website. What other letter I can ask uni to give me that will comply to UKBA policy for switching to Tier 2 from Tier 4.

I just want to make a timely application but don't know what UKBA is stating.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you