ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 Year Work Permit SOC code help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR.2013
Newly Registered

5 Year Work Permit SOC code help

Post by ILR.2013 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Dear All,

I am on a 5 year work permit applying for ILR in few days. I am little worried about the SOC code information.

My Employer letter states my income as £16 per hour.

However my SOC code miminum rate is £11.06.

Can Home Office reject an application on basis on higher income? They might say its a technical change.

Also if the Weekly hours is changed from 40 hours to 37.5 is it mandatory to inform UKBA?

Thank You

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 pm

How much does the Annual salary work out to?? I don't think Extra 2.5 Hrs. will amount to a Technical Change.

ILR.2013
Newly Registered

Post by ILR.2013 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi Kevin,

With current salary it works out to 31200.

Based on ILR in closed categories, is it OK to submit an application without any SOC code? There is a provision to grant ILR for Work Permit holders who do not have an SOC code.

Please refer this link Page 93

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Based on your experience as a Sage member, whats your take on it? Have you come across anyone on this forum who had submitted his application without SOC code and their ILR was approved.

Thanks.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:20 pm

CW will go by the UKBA guidance to them.I doubt that they are allowed to use their discretion on this matter. Guidance also mentions about SOC Code to be mentioned on Employer's letter. I just posted a reply to a member . ILR was refused at Cardiff PEO,because Employer did not mention SOC Code. I know you asked this query before also. Can't you find the nearest to match your Job. That's what I did and Employer was o.k. with that to give the letter.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:23 pm

ILR.2013 wrote:Hi Kevin,

With current salary it works out to 31200.

Based on ILR in closed categories, is it OK to submit an application without any SOC code? There is a provision to grant ILR for Work Permit holders who do not have an SOC code.

Please refer this link Page 93

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Based on your experience as a Sage member, whats your take on it? Have you come across anyone on this forum who had submitted his application without SOC code and their ILR was approved.

Thanks.
Hope you have sorted out your SOC Code matter. Please read the post of the Member whose ILR has been refused at a PEO appointment.

ILR.2013
Newly Registered

Post by ILR.2013 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi kevin,

Thanks for your reply. I managed to sort out SOC code(one closer to my current Per hour salary) and employer is ready to certify the same.

Do you know how many months payslip they check to verify the details provided? Probelm is have is i am on PAYE and though i am being paid above COP rate for last 3 months, in month of January i was on holiday to India and had few days unpaid leave. For that month it is falling little short of requirement.

Thanks.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:22 pm

ILR.2013 wrote:Hi kevin,

Thanks for your reply. I managed to sort out SOC code(one closer to my current Per hour salary) and employer is ready to certify the same.

Do you know how many months payslip they check to verify the details provided? Probelm is have is i am on PAYE and though i am being paid above COP rate for last 3 months, in month of January i was on holiday to India and had few days unpaid leave. For that month it is falling little short of requirement.

Thanks.
I am happy that you have found the SOC Code. I see from the posts some have been taking up to 12 months pay slips. CW don't know how many he/she will ask for. Regarding your unpaid leave why don't you take a letter from Employer,in case you have to explain to the CW.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Kevin24 wrote:

Thanks.
I am happy that you have found the SOC Code. I see from the posts some have been taking up to 12 months pay slips. CW don't know how many he/she will ask for. Regarding your unpaid leave why don't you take a letter from Employer,in case you have to explain to the CW.
Letter from employer regarding unpaid leave will be the key as you will be asked questions that why your salary dropped in Jan. If the reason is not substantial, then wait till May so you can show your salary for last 3 months (Feb,March,April)

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

Thanks.
Letter from employer regarding unpaid leave will be the key as you will be asked questions that why your salary dropped in Jan. If the reason is not substantial, then wait till May so you can show your salary for last 3 months (Feb,March,April)
Agreed with Gagan regarding Employer's Letter. April salary will be in the new Tax Year. By looking at March salary slip, CW could ascertain what your Gross earnings were for the previous tax year.