ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor Ticked maintenance but refusing to provide a letter?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JS28
Member of Standing

Sponsor Ticked maintenance but refusing to provide a letter?

Post by JS28 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi All,

I got my tier 2 visa this month. My sponsor is A-rated and tehy ticked the maintenance to make my case strong.

Now, i am trying to call my wife over. Even though I have the funds, I thought I;d get a letter. But the HR director is not agreeing to maintain a dependant.

CAn anyone here please please answer my queries?
1.) I rang UKBA today about the maintenance and they said that if the main applicant is covered in the maintenance, the dependant will be as well regardless of whether they apply the same or after. IS this correct?

2.) is the maintenance for the first month of employment or first month of teh visa?

Please help me my partner is applying next week :(

Thanks

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Can anyone please reply?

shady87
Nigeria

Maintenance

Post by shady87 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Hi,

As far as I know maintenance is the first month of employment.

JS28
Member of Standing

Re: Maintenance

Post by JS28 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:15 pm

shady87 wrote:Hi,

As far as I know maintenance is the first month of employment.

Can I still get a letter from my sponsor?

What shall I tell the level 1 user?

Thanks

shady87
Nigeria

Maintenance

Post by shady87 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:17 pm

Your sponsor should be able to provide you with the letter. My sponsor gave me the maintenance letter which I had to sign and also the certificate of sponsor print out they get from the UKBA showing my details, certificate number, job description, soc code, salary etc...

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:28 pm

shady87 wrote:Your sponsor should be able to provide you with the letter. My sponsor gave me the maintenance letter which I had to sign and also the certificate of sponsor print out they get from the UKBA showing my details, certificate number, job description, soc code, salary etc...
HI,

I got a printout of the COS already. I just need a letter. Can I still use the letter after I have been one month employment?

Thanks

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:36 pm

shady87 wrote:Your sponsor should be able to provide you with the letter. My sponsor gave me the maintenance letter which I had to sign and also the certificate of sponsor print out they get from the UKBA showing my details, certificate number, job description, soc code, salary etc...
Can I still use the letter after I have been in employment for more than a month?

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 pm

Shady can you please share the template of letter

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:54 pm

jibri wrote:
Shady can you please share the template of letter
HI Jibri,

DId u get the visa in the end?

Do you know anything about this sponsor letter for maintenance? Did u have it certified as well?

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:20 am

Yes I got my tier 2 now planning for dependent and looking for letter not sure about it

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Hi,

Can you please provide a template of the letter from the sponsorship?

Thanks

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:38 pm

jibri wrote:Yes I got my tier 2 now planning for dependent and looking for letter not sure about it
Hi Jibri,

Did u manage to get a template for the letter?

Thanks

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:02 pm

jibri wrote:Yes I got my tier 2 now planning for dependent and looking for letter not sure about it
Did you manage to get the letter?

My HR is so shit they are not providing me the letter for my partner :(

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Why don't you look in the Immigration of Family Members section in this Forum.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi Js28 why they don't give you letter?
I got it anyway

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:18 pm

Sponsors should not even try to certify maintenance for dependants. Dependants are the applicant's responsiblity, not the sponsor's. I don't blame your employer for not wanting to do a letter for your dependant - it would not count for anything. Your dependant has to show bank statements for 3 months.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:00 pm

The Station Agent wrote:Sponsors should not even try to certify maintenance for dependants. Dependants are the applicant's responsiblity, not the sponsor's. I don't blame your employer for not wanting to do a letter for your dependant - it would not count for anything. Your dependant has to show bank statements for 3 months.
Employers are not going to maintain dependent any way . its option from UKBA to get letter from sponsor for dependent maintenance please don't provide wrong information

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:23 pm

jibri wrote:
The Station Agent wrote:Sponsors should not even try to certify maintenance for dependants. Dependants are the applicant's responsiblity, not the sponsor's. I don't blame your employer for not wanting to do a letter for your dependant - it would not count for anything. Your dependant has to show bank statements for 3 months.
Employers are not going to maintain dependent any way . its option from UKBA to get letter from sponsor for dependent maintenance please don't provide wrong information
Thanks Jibri,

I did get a letter from HR under the agreement that I will fund the money from my salary if I do need it.

Goodluck with your Wife's visa.. Just out of curiosity, what are the documents that you're providing? thanks