ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got EC and got job offer from Germany !!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Otake

Got EC and got job offer from Germany !!

Post by Otake » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:56 pm

Hi Everybody,

I have got HSMP letter about two months ago and EC last week.
This evening a friend of mine has called me and offer me a job in Daimler-Crysler in Stutgart/Germany.

I have done a lot of work for Hsmp letter and Ec. I don't want to give up Hsmp chance immediately but I want to use this job offer.

Can I have postpone my visa or apply again later or any good idea about this subject?

I am so confused now!

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:43 am

You can postpone your entry into the UK, but not the clock: its starts with the date on your visa. You may want to try the job in Germany and if it hoilds, and you are still thinking highly of it, maybe that's the way you'd like to go; if not, you'll enter Britain with a few months' delay = you'll have less time to show economic activity necessary for renewal.

You could certainly apply for HSMP later, especially if your passing score is confident, and not a case of luck.

"Is living in Britain really your priority, or are you shopping for better jobs?" - maybe the question to ask yourself. ;)

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:19 am

I suppose for those who qualify under HSMP, career is the priority over living in the UK. Naturally one will have to consider other factors such as language, culture, social environment etc. if one opts any other European country.

shintu
Newly Registered

continuation, got EC German job offer

Post by shintu » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:21 pm

Many people must have applied for HSMP from Carreer point of view.
However, in mean time, if they get job offer in some other EU country, how do one choose ?

Specifically, this is an important question for somebody from non-EU Country?

Any pointers / comments on that ?

tvt

Post by tvt » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:09 pm

If I were you I would opt for the German offer.

Good beer, beautiful women. What else does a man need?
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:29 am

you are in a strange situation. If I were you I would have accepted the german job offer. I will work there for initial 3 months. If everything is fine [job satisfaction] then keep uk visa aside :lol: .

Its very true that career is more important than HSMP visa.

Otake

Post by Otake » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:30 pm

I have been thinking for four days for my decision and can't take a decision.

It is nearly imposible to get a new hsmp visa because I will be in Germany and it is in the A category for the salary qualification and I will be also 28 in next 6 months.

My EC is started. It is stamped with the date 15/07. They didn't give me three month later visa!!! I can't be in germany before october, becuse of current job in Turkey. It is hard to accept germany job and try it before going to the UK with hsmp visa.

What should I do?

I am so unhappy because of the two very good chance. When I choose one, loose other and cant identify the better one.

asif
Newly Registered

Post by asif » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:42 pm

[quote="Otake"]I have been thinking for four days for my decision and can't take a decision.

It is nearly imposible to get a new hsmp visa because I will be in Germany and it is in the A category for the salary qualification and I will be also 28 in next 6 months.

My EC is started. It is stamped with the date 15/07. They didn't give me three month later visa!!! I can't be in germany before october, becuse of current job in Turkey. It is hard to accept germany job and try it before going to the UK with hsmp visa.

What should I do?

I am so unhappy because of the two very good chance. When I choose one, loose other and cant identify the better one.[/quote]

dear,

remember one thing ,loot for it which is in your hand and remember and sorry to say ,greed is bad thing ,if you got hsmp come in uk and start your career ,if i were you ,i dont waste a single minute ,but final decision ,ll be yours, ok good luck bye

Otake

Post by Otake » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:16 am

I have made my choice. I am coming to the UK on September.
Thank you everbody who advice me.