ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation Docs..good news!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stokbrig

Cohabitation Docs..good news!

Post by stokbrig » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:42 pm

A member of this forum wrote that'' You don't need to show co-habitation docs if you were already married and applied for your T-1 (G) visa before arriving the UK. When I applied for ILR, I had all the co-hab docs, and the CW did not ask for them. Before I left after been successful, I asked why she didn't want to see them, and was given the reason I just wrote earlier''

Is that true..please advise

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Nah...I personally don't think that is correct. Although there have been incidents where CWs haven't asked for co-hab docs.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

seba

Post by seba » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:06 pm

No it may not be true. Even my friend applied for his wife( he is a british PP holder) and still they asked him for cohab certification and unfortunately he missed to carry. So he sent through post and still waiting for decision for his wife's ILR