ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Did abdy sent the Appln for HSMP Visa stamping in Chennai?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manjith27
Newly Registered

Did abdy sent the Appln for HSMP Visa stamping in Chennai?

Post by manjith27 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi All,

Did anybody in this forum send the Application for the HSMP Visa Stamping in Chennai? Well, my problem is I have sent my Passport for HSMP stamping on 3rd of January to Chennai Consulate and I did not get any reply or staus till now. I have been calling the consulate Office in Chennai and I get the same update which says that "My Application is under verification". I have asked my friends they say that HSMP Visa stamping takes sometime but they are not sure why it is taking this long time.

I have sent all the documents and all the documents are valid. I am not sure why it is taking this long whereas generally it hardly takes 4-5 working days for the Visa Stamping.

Can somebody please throw some light on whats going on?

Thanks,
Manjith A.

baskey

Post by baskey » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:02 am

Hi,

First of all EC in chennai has to be applied thro' VFS and not directly to Consulate. I am not clear from your post, it appears to me that you have posted your application to Consulate. If it is so, which is something new to all of us, I believe.

If you have applied thro' VFS, you could track your application online.

Regards,

Baskey

manjith27
Newly Registered

Post by manjith27 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:21 pm

Hi Baskey,

Thanks for the reply. As you said I have applied from the Bangalore VFS office and they will send it to Chennai VFS office. Yeah, I can check the status of my application in internet but from the day I applied the message is the same message which says "Application has been forwarded to British High Commision". So, I call up Chennai office everyday to find out the status and the update is that my application is with Embassy and it is under verification.

Generally, this entire processing takes one week time. But, I have applied on 3rd of January and its more than 2 weeks that I have applied. So, I was wondering whether is there any change in the procedure of HSMP Visa stamping because 2 of my friends who have applied for stamping in October got the HSMP Visa in 4 days.

I was wondering if anybody has applied for HSMP Visa stamping from November since the rules have changed for the Visa stamping, was there any delay with their applications too.

Thanks,
Manjith A.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:43 pm

manjith27, FYI -

Applications will take 10-15 days more since candidate will have to go thru madical checkup in btn. Were you called for medical checkup after submitting the application?

What did you submit for accomodation proof?

thx

vasumahan
Newly Registered

accomadation

Post by vasumahan » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:29 pm

i haven't got u? how can u arrange for accomadation before u get visa clearence. anyway if u wanna show accomadtion proof,if u got any friends in uk ask them to send contract papers and covering letter saying he is gona accomadate u.

cheers..best of luck