ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

20 March - My Appointment and (PCS) union strike action

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

strager786
Newly Registered

20 March - My Appointment and (PCS) union strike action

Post by strager786 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:42 pm

hi All,

After so much of wait i have a bad news:

on 20 Marcch Home office employee will go for strike.

Anyone please can you help me what to do.Should I try to delay appointment or take risk of going to home office.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... pcs-strike

Many Thanks,

uksettlement
India

Re: 20 March - My Appointment and (PCS) union strike action

Post by uksettlement » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:45 pm

strager786 wrote:hi All,

Anyone please can you help me what to do.Should I try to delay appointment or take risk of going to home office.

Many Thanks,

Yes ukba is on strike for one day 20th march. I thought they have contacted applicants for that day already. If you haven't been contacted I suggest give them a call ASAP and reschedule your appointment. There is no point going to the PEO on that day if they are on strike.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

19star79
Newly Registered

Post by 19star79 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Many Thanks,

hi thanks for the info, will the appointments be cancelled.

strager786
Newly Registered

Post by strager786 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:46 am

No they have not contacted me regarding delay.My appointment is frist in morning. Even I got reminder text on mobile about my appointment.

I did book another appointment which i will cancel if i am able to make on 20 march.Is this be a problem?
uksettlement wrote:

Many Thanks,

Yes ukba is on strike for one day 20th march. I thought they have contacted applicants for that day already. If you haven't been contacted I suggest give them a call ASAP and reschedule your appointment. There is no point going to the PEO on that day if they are on strike.

Mirate
Newly Registered

Appointment tomorrow 20th of march

Post by Mirate » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:31 am

Hi there,
After waiting all this time and preparing for such a long time, there would be a strike tomorrow..

Please advice the email I received states that

" If this planned industrial action goes ahead you are advised that there will be a restricted service which may mean that you do not get your decision on the same day.

If you would like to attend on an alternative day please cancel your appointment and re-book for another day."

I am thinking to go and take the risk my visa ends 17th of march, and now appointments are after 42 days,,,I don't know what to do ....HELPPP..

Thank you

strager786
Newly Registered

Post by strager786 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:06 pm

Any one having appointment on 20 March get call about re-schedule or delay appointment as there is Strike.