ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

christinp
Newly Registered
Canada

PSW to Tier 2 General

Post by christinp » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could help me! I'm in a bit of a panic because my PSW visa expires on June 3, 2013 and I did not realize what needed to be done for obtaining a Tier 2 Visa. I am in the process of getting confirmation from my company that they will sponsor me. I have worked with them for 19 months as a physiotherapist, and they are checking to see if they can become a sponsor. I also realized that you need to have 900 pounds maintenance funds in your account for 90 days before applying? I thought that since I work here (and earn a good salary - 27K), that I wouldn't need to do this.My friend got a Tier 2 visa last year and didn't have to do this.

My questions are:

1) How long does it take for a company to become a sponsor.
2) Is there any way around having funds in your account for 90 days
3) Are there any grace periods or should i just pack my bags and get ready to leave?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Please help a very panicked Canadian! :)

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:16 am

Normally the licence application was tkaing up to 3 months, but currently there are many cases where sposor application turnaround is 2 weeks.
There is a way around. When your employer is assigning COS to you, ask them to tick the box that the employer takes the responsibilty for your maintaince for first month, if needed. Tell them verbally that this is only if needed and that u will not ask.

hope this helps.