ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed on Excisting Work Permit Change Please Reply

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blacklabel
Newly Registered

Advice needed on Excisting Work Permit Change Please Reply

Post by blacklabel » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:54 pm

Hi There,

I am currently on UK work permit for 5 years starting Nov 05. All was fine until I found out that the existing company I am working for is going into Liquidation and announcement will be made at the end of this month for the same.

I have managed to get a job with another company doing similar kind of work owned by same CEO. Infact the CEO is involved with 2 or 3 other companied. Basically company A is going into liquidation and company B is happy to sponsor my work permit.

Now The problem is the company B is newly registered and they are happy to apply for work permit but they don’t have all the docs needed for this, I mean they have applied for Vat, PAYE but not accounts, plus have all the other docs as the returns are not due for another few months.

I also understand that I don’t have time to wait as I can only apply till 28 days leaving the company A.

I have been told that if you don’t send the accounts home office only provides with 18 month initial work permit. SO this is my cause of concern and also will I face any issues for this new permit, is the procedure quite straight forward?

Any help will be appreciated as I pulling my hair pout of stress.

Many Thanks for all your replies.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:29 pm

I suggest you visit this site which will provide you will all the information you need:

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk

A newly formed company will only be issued with a limited time work permit and certainly not a full 5 year work permit. When it comes time for the company to renew your work permit they will be expected to provide full accounts and the rest of the missing information. You can read on the website the documents needed for a newly formed company to apply for a work permit.

As long as your job title and duties are generally the same as your current position the new company will not be required to advertise for your position which will considerably decrease the time required to sort out your work permit. Generally a well prepared work permit application should take no longer than about 5 working days to process from the time it is sent in, so you should have nothing to worry about!
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

blacklabel
Newly Registered

Post by blacklabel » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:42 am

Hi,

Thank you for a quick reply. can you also give me some tips on getting my passport back quickly as I have to sent it again for new FLR.

Heard it can take anywhere form 2 to 14 weeks.

Kind Regards
blacklabel