ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General visitor sponsorship - documents required

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kannit

General visitor sponsorship - documents required

Post by kannit » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:54 am

Hi,

I reside in UK on Tier 1 General visa and work as contractor (Ltd. company with 100% share)

I need to send sponsorship documents to my Mother for her to apply as General Visitor to UK.

I am planning to send following documents:
1. Letter from accountant stating that
- I am director with 100% share
- Date of inception of my Ltd. company
- Availability/access of funds from Ltd. company account
2. Salary slips attested by accountant
3. Bank statements - personal and ltd. company
4. Copies of Passport and BRP card
5. Cover letter signed by me

Is there any other document I should include as well? Since there is "no right to appeal" in General Visitor visa category, I want to be sure that no mistakes happen from our side.

My mother is visiting us because we are expecting a child in 4 months. Should this be mentioned as reason for her visit on Cover Letter or it will make things difficult?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Regards

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:01 am

If she does not have money of her own (and you have not said anything about her circumstances), you need to provide historical bank statements showing that you have a cash-flow that can provide for her. That is all! You don't need anything else related to your work. You have not mentioned the suitability of your accommodation but I assume you will provide that.

Furthermore, if you do need to provide for her financial matters, business bank statement won't be considered as that is the company's money rather than your personal money.

kannit

Post by kannit » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:03 am

Lucapooka wrote:If she does not have money of her own (and you have not said anything about her circumstances), you need to provide historical bank statements showing that you have a cash-flow that can provide for her. That is all! You don't need anything else related to your work. You have not mentioned the suitability of your accommodation but I assume you will provide that.

Furthermore, if you do need to provide for her financial matters, business bank statement won't be considered as that is the company's money rather than your personal money.
Hi,

Thanks for valuable information

We'll have to totally sponsor her. Are 6 month historical bank statements sufficient? How much funds in my account typically can be can be considered sufficient, any idea?

I am not sure what you mean by suitability of accommodation but it can easily accommodate one more Adult.

Regards

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:15 pm

There are no fixed number. A savings and regular cash flow (salary in) which can support two of you and your mother, including her air fare.

Add two form of Utility bills and latest Council Tax receipt - all photo copies.

hrudaya
Newly Registered

Re: General visitor sponsorship - documents required-urgent

Post by hrudaya » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:44 pm

I am also planning to call my in-laws.I am also working as a contractor under tier1 visa.Can you please tell me the meaning of the document1.
- Availability/access of funds from Ltd. company account and
- Date of inception of my Ltd. company
- what should be the matter in this document?
Did your mom get her visa?