ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on Documentation for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mubashir9819

Help on Documentation for ILR

Post by mubashir9819 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:30 am

Hi All

Its been some time since I checked about immigration and rules. A friend of mine has his ILR due within a couple of months and wanted some advise. I have posted his email below. I really had quite a lot of help from this forum and thought my friend could also have the same. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long email.

Hi

I am applying for ILR in June 2013 and just wanted to know if I have got everything and am going the right way.

I got my work permit on 22th May 2008 from Barclay's Bank(got visa stamped from Pakistan on 28th June 2008) and arrived in UK on 20th July 2008. The Job title stated on the work permit is "Risk Analyst" and the salary stated is £25,000 (This was my basic salary excluding benefits and London allowance). Adding everything, it would take me to around £29,000. This was at the time when my employer applied for work permit. Currently my salary is £31,000 (This includes everything).

There were visa issues with my family application and they were declined. I appealed and was successful and they joined me on 3rd October 2010(My wife and two children). I have gone back to Pakistan but my total days are less than 60 since getting my work permit. The same is true for my wife and children since joining

Now I as I am applying for ILR, I wanted to get advise if I have got the documentation right or am I missing something.

First thing is the SOC code. Which code should I use? I asked the HR department and they were not sure and said that use which ever you think is best (They are really useless). I have got two SOC codes which I thought is ok

Code Description
2423 Risk Analyst
3534 Credit Risk Analyst

Please bear in mind that from 6th April the SOC code list is changing and new salary thresholds are applying.

Secondly I am also submitting the below

. Form SET O for myself ( There is a section in there where I need to give detail about my family). Do I need to fill out separate forms for my family? I have been told to use Form SET M but I am not sure.

. Mine and my family Passport

. Two pictures for each person stating name and DOB at the back
. Bank statement for last 5 years showing my salary
. Payslips for last 5 years
. P60 for the last 5 years.
. A list of days when I have been on holidays i.e. gone out and come back to UK
. Letter from Employer which is written below. Do I need to add anything to it. I have written the SOC code which I thought is right but I can change that if anyone else has other suggestions.

Private & Confidential
UK BORDER AGENCY Dated: - 21 May 2013

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain

WP#: - XXXXXX
Date of Issue: XXXXXX
Period Covered: 60 Months

This is to confirm that Mr Irfan Haider is currently employed by Barclay's Bank LTD and is at present working in the position of Risk Analyst. He commenced employment with us on 15.03.2008 and currently earns a basic salary of £31,000 per annum.

The current job title of Risk Analyst relates to the UK Border Agency published Standard Occupational Classification 2010 under 3534 – Finance and Investment Analyst/ Advisers with a related job title of Risk Analyst. We can confirm that the annual salary stated meets the minimum salary requirement for this role.

We further confirm that Mr. Irfan Haider employment is on the basis of a permanent contract. Therefore we foresee his employment with Barclay's Bank LTD continuing in the future.

Furthermore, Mr Irfan Haider does not have any unpaid absences since commencing employment at Barclay's bank LTD.

Should you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at the number/ email address provided below.

Yours sincerely,

[Name of signatory]
[Designation]

Now for the family bit. As mentioned earlier, my family joined in Oct 2010. I have rented my own place since April 2011 from an estate agent and my wife name is on the tenency agreement. I have Electric and Gas bills (both from British Gas) with joint name since July 2011. She has her own bank account statement from Feb 2012.

From the above, will my family get an ILR as well or will they need to wait and have to apply for FLR first. Their visa expiry date is the same as mine.

I think I have given everything. If you require any further information, please fell free to ask. Any advice and suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks for all your help and cooperation in advance.

Irfan

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:04 am

Hi

Could any one please reply to the above email as it is a bit urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:04 am

mubashir9819 wrote:Hi

Could any one please reply to the above email as it is a bit urgent.

Thanks in advance.
You need to use a SOC Code which is an exact or a nearest match to list of duties. Employer's letter is fine. I will comment on the rest in the evening. i'e:- documents etc.

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:57 pm

SOC code as Kevin said has to match the closest to ur job and make sure u put teh correct one if it has changed from 6th Apr..

Since your dependants have completed 2 yrs they can apply with you.. So use Set(O) and fill in the dependents details..

Regarding cohabitation documents you have to show documents spanning across last 2 years in both of your names jointly or seperately.. Do note internet copies are accepted only if its attested.. Try to use more postal letters as proofs..

Also make sure the photos are not older than 28 days.
I see Life in the UK pass certificate missing + hope all your visa extensions are done from within UK...

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Mano82 wrote:SOC code as Kevin said has to match the closest to ur job and make sure u put teh correct one if it has changed from 6th Apr..

Since your dependants have completed 2 yrs they can apply with you.. So use Set(O) and fill in the dependents details..

Regarding cohabitation documents you have to show documents spanning across last 2 years in both of your names jointly or seperately.. Do note internet copies are accepted only if its attested.. Try to use more postal letters as proofs..

Also make sure the photos are not older than 28 days.
I see Life in the UK pass certificate missing + hope all your visa extensions are done from within UK...
Congrats Mate on your ILR.Read some where.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Help on Documentation for ILR

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:09 pm

mubashir9819 wrote:Hi All

Its been some time since I checked about immigration and rules. A friend of mine has his ILR due within a couple of months and wanted some advise. I have posted his email below. I really had quite a lot of help from this forum and thought my friend could also have the same. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long email.

Hi

I am applying for ILR in June 2013 and just wanted to know if I have got everything and am going the right way.

I got my work permit on 22th May 2008 from Barclay's Bank(got visa stamped from Pakistan on 28th June 2008) and arrived in UK on 20th July 2008. The Job title stated on the work permit is "Risk Analyst" and the salary stated is £25,000 (This was my basic salary excluding benefits and London allowance). Adding everything, it would take me to around £29,000. This was at the time when my employer applied for work permit. Currently my salary is £31,000 (This includes everything).

There were visa issues with my family application and they were declined. I appealed and was successful and they joined me on 3rd October 2010(My wife and two children). I have gone back to Pakistan but my total days are less than 60 since getting my work permit. The same is true for my wife and children since joining

Now I as I am applying for ILR, I wanted to get advise if I have got the documentation right or am I missing something.

First thing is the SOC code. Which code should I use? I asked the HR department and they were not sure and said that use which ever you think is best (They are really useless). I have got two SOC codes which I thought is ok

Code Description
2423 Risk Analyst
3534 Credit Risk Analyst

Please bear in mind that from 6th April the SOC code list is changing and new salary thresholds are applying.

. Form SET O for myself ( There is a section in there where I need to give detail about my family). Do I need to fill out separate forms for my family? I have been told to use Form SET M but I am not sure.

. Letter from Employer which is written below. Do I need to add anything to it. I have written the SOC code which I thought is right but I can change that if anyone else has other suggestions.

Private & Confidential

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to confirm that Mr Irfan Haider is currently employed by Barclay's Bank LTD and is at present working in the position of Risk Analyst. He commenced employment with us on 15.03.2008 and currently earns a basic salary of £31,000 per annum.

The current job title of Risk Analyst relates to the UK Border Agency published Standard Occupational Classification 2010 under 3534 – Finance and Investment Analyst/ Advisers with a related job title of Risk Analyst. We can confirm that the annual salary stated meets the minimum salary requirement for this role.

We further confirm that Mr. Irfan Haider employment is on the basis of a permanent contract. Therefore we foresee his employment with Barclay's Bank LTD continuing in the future.

Furthermore, Mr Irfan Haider does not have any unpaid absences since commencing employment at Barclay's bank LTD.

Should you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at the number/ email address provided below.

Yours sincerely,

[Name of signatory]
[Designation]

Now for the family bit. As mentioned earlier, my family joined in Oct 2010. I have rented my own place since April 2011 from an estate agent and my wife name is on the tenency agreement. I have Electric and Gas bills (both from British Gas) with joint name since July 2011. She has her own bank account statement from Feb 2012.

From the above, will my family get an ILR as well or will they need to wait and have to apply for FLR first. Their visa expiry date is the same as mine.

I think I have given everything. If you require any further information, please fell free to ask. Any advice and suggestions would be really appreciated.

Irfan
From Your list the following are missing
1.Work permit
2.Work permit approval letter
3.Life In the UK Test Certificate
4. No need of 5 year payslips and 5 year bank Statements.They only check normally last 3 months of both.Have at least last 12 months in
hand.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Help on Documentation for ILR

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Kevin24 wrote:

Hi

Code Description
2423 Risk Analyst
3534 Credit Risk Analyst

Private & Confidential

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Yours sincerely,

[Name of signatory]
[Designation]

Irfan
From Your list the following are missing
1.Work permit
2.Work permit approval letter
3.Life In the UK Test Certificate
4. No need of 5 year payslips and 5 year bank Statements.They only check normally last 3 months of both.Have at least last 12 months in
hand.
Are you planning to go for a PEO appointment or going for a Postal one??

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:32 am

Hi All

WOW. Got so many replies and advise which is a great help. Thanks you so much on this.

A question for Mano82/ Kevin24. When you say that SOC code should match the closest to your Job, Do you mean the JOB TITLE or the JOB DESCRIPTION. The reason being that the job title in Barclay is "Risk Analyst" which matches SOC Code 2423 - Risk Analyst. But if it needs to match the JOB DESCRIPTION, then I think the SOC code Title will not match the JOB TITLE on the Work Permit. Wont that create a problem?

Secondly, I don't have cohabitation documents covering two years. I have it for one and half years like Bank statement, Gas and Electric bills. Also my wife name is on the Tenancy agreement. Thats all I have in the long term. In short term i.e covering 6 months I have some letters from GP for my wife. Will this create a problem?

I have added the below to the list.

Work Permit
Work Permit Approval Letter
Life in the UK Test certificate for me and my wife.

My WP was stamped from Pakistan and it was for 60 months, so did not have any extension. My wife and children visa also got stamped from Pakistan and expires on the same day as mine does. Hence they also did not have any extensions.

I am planning to go to PEO to get a quick response.

Thanks

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:31 am

WOW. Got so many replies and advise which is a great help. Thanks you so much on this.

A question for Mano82/ Kevin24. When you say that SOC code should match the closest to your Job, Do you mean the JOB TITLE or the JOB DESCRIPTION. The reason being that the job title in Barclay is "Risk Analyst" which matches SOC Code 2423 - Risk Analyst. But if it needs to match the JOB DESCRIPTION, then I think the SOC code Title will not match the JOB TITLE on the Work Permit. Wont that create a problem?

Secondly, I don't have cohabitation documents covering two years. I have it for one and half years like Bank statement, Gas and Electric bills. Also my wife name is on the Tenancy agreement. Thats all I have in the long term. In short term i.e covering 6 months I have some letters from GP for my wife. Will this create a problem?

I have added the below to the list.

Work Permit
Work Permit Approval Letter
Life in the UK Test certificate for me and my wife.

My WP was stamped from Pakistan and it was for 60 months, so did not have any extension. My wife and children visa also got stamped from Pakistan and expires on the same day as mine does. Hence they also did not have any extensions.

I am planning to go to PEO to get a quick response.

Thanks
1.O.K Then use SOC COde 2423- Risk Annalyst
2.For Co-Hab Docs-.www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=131112
3.If you search the Forum there several Posts on Co-Hab. Documents.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:00 pm

Thanks Kevin24.

I will use the SOC code 2423- Risk Analyst as Barclays can also verify this.

I have also added the below as well to my list

2 Years Tenancy agreement (Joint)
2 Years Electric and Gas bills (Joint)
1 year Bank Statement (Wife Only)
Electoral Card for my wife
3 letters from GP which are quite recent (within 6 months)
Marriage Certificate

I hope this should cover the co-hab bits.

Once again thanks for all your help. If you think of anything else which I should keep in mind, please do let me know as it would help me in my application.

Regards

Irfan

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:06 pm

mubashir9819 wrote:Thanks Kevin24.

I will use the SOC code 2423- Risk Analyst as Barclays can also verify this.

I have also added the below as well to my list

2 Years Tenancy agreement (Joint)
2 Years Electric and Gas bills (Joint)
1 year Bank Statement (Wife Only)
Electoral Card for my wife
3 letters from GP which are quite recent (within 6 months)
Marriage Certificate

That should be fine.If you have , Any LandLine /Mobile Phone Bills to cover the 2 year period,will be goodI hope this should cover the co-hab bits.

Once again thanks for all your help. If you think of anything else which I should keep in mind, please do let me know as it would help me in my application.

Regards

Irfan

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Remove the personl details mate, name etc. Employer name. It is still an internet forum

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:12 pm

ilrapplicant2013 wrote:Remove the personl details mate, name etc. Employer name. It is still an internet forum
Thank You for point out. It's not good to give personal information.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Thanks for pointing it out. I will do that in future. Just completely forgot about it.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:00 pm

mubashir9819 wrote:Thanks for pointing it out. I will do that in future. Just completely forgot about it.
No problem. How old are your children?

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:09 pm

One is almost 5 years and other is 2.5 years.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:20 pm

mubashir9819 wrote:One is almost 5 years and other is 2.5 years.
O.K. Are they born here? NHS registered? You could take their Immunization Book,Pink Book,G.P letters,NHS Card,Birth Certificates too.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:51 pm

No. They were born in Pakistan. But I do have their birth certificate from Pakistan, Red book, NHS card, GP letter and also letters from nursery. I think that should cover them.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:28 am

mubashir9819 wrote:No. They were born in Pakistan. But I do have their birth certificate from Pakistan, Red book, NHS card, GP letter and also letters from nursery. I think that should cover them.
That should be fine. Which PEO are you going to? Please Post your Experience. Good Luck.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:31 pm

I will try Croyden as I live in london. But if I fail, I will try Birmingham and Cardiff. According to the news, the process would have changed today. I will need to find out what has changed now.

Thanks and I will post my experience after I get an appointment and when I goto PEO.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:23 am

Hi

Sorry, I have got one more question.I think I know the answer but just to confirm it from the experts. When I fill out form SET(O), do I just need to fill out one form for myself and fill in the dependent details OR do I need to fill out 4 forms separately for myself and for my wife and childrens.? I think I need to fill out one form but as I said just to confirm it from the experts.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:28 am

mubashir9819 wrote:When I fill out form SET(O), do I just need to fill out one form for myself and fill in the dependent details OR do I need to fill out 4 forms separately for myself and for my wife and childrens.? I think I need to fill out one form but as I said just to confirm it from the experts.
If the children are under 18, then yes it's one form, listing all dependents.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:31 am

Yes. The children are under 18. So its just one form which will include details of myself and my family. Thats good as it takes ages to fill out the form.

Thanks cs95tdg

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:08 am

mubashir9819 wrote:I will try Croyden as I live in london. But if I fail, I will try Birmingham and Cardiff. According to the news, the process would have changed today. I will need to find out what has changed now.

Thanks and I will post my experience after I get an appointment and when I goto PEO.
try to get Croydon PEO. There you keep your Kids entertained.Some times the ILR process could take 4 hours or more.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:31 pm

Croydon will be my first choice. But if it takes 4 hours then it will be a long day. I thought it would take 1 to 1.5 hours max... :(