ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rob Whiteman responded and I got my PR :)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spike_UK

Rob Whiteman responded and I got my PR :)

Post by spike_UK » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:55 am

Hi guys, after Rob Whiteman response I got my PR.
I'm on holiday, my previous lawyer text me. I had emailed Rob and copied my local MP, Rob had responded and said he will let me know with in 4 weeks( it was 01/03/2013) less than 3 weeks and sent me PR.
What do I have to do about naturalization? My lawyer says I can apply for British based on 6 years of relationship.
Any ideas guys?
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

rubencol88
Newly Registered

Re: Rob Whiteman responded and I got my PR :)

Post by rubencol88 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:59 pm

spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, after Rob Whiteman response I got my PR.
I'm on holiday, my previous lawyer text me. I had emailed Rob and copied my local MP, Rob had responded and said he will let me know with in 4 weeks( it was 01/03/2013) less than 3 weeks and sent me PR.
What do I have to do about naturalization? My lawyer says I can apply for British based on 6 years of relationship.
Any ideas guys?
Congratulations :D

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:34 pm

rubencol88 wrote:
Any ideas guys?
Thanks ;)
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:53 pm

spike_UK wrote:
rubencol88 wrote:
Any ideas guys?
Thanks ;)

Nice to know you got your PR at last am glad.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Grand result Spike! Your proactivity certainly paid off.

renu

Post by renu » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Any ideas guys?
Congratulations

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:18 am

Thanks to you all guys, I hope everyone will get it soon and join us for BC next year, one think to remember,,,there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, don't give up your rights and that is what I did.
PR dated 05/03/2013

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:43 am

Rob is out.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:11 pm

vinny wrote:Rob is out.
Doesn't Rob sit ABOVE these two people?
Thank you for your email to Rob Whiteman, Director General of Operational Systems Management, Home Office. Please note that Rob’s overnight (and weekend) box closes at 3pm daily. Emails submitted after this time will be actioned the following working day. For urgent matters requiring immediate clearance please contact the Private Office team on 0207 035 1678. Thank you.
Might be worth including their email addresses in my correspodance (goes hunting)...
[note: the first step of hunting (quick google) failed... therefore: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _email_add ]

Ill keep trying, their name@homeoffice dont work like rob's... tried both, along with surnameFirstnameSubmissions@ and still fails...

Ahh, also...
In the UK, director-general is the professional head of an executive agency which contains other agencies headed by directors. For example the chief executive of the British Broadcasting Corporation is called the director-general

Didn't they loose executive agency status?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:30 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:46 pm

vinny wrote:Plus ça change.
Interesting read... - so it is "same old job, different title"? - David was the deputy previously... so looks like he got a step up on the new one...

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:43 pm

here we go:

Q18 Mr Winnick: Mr Sedwill, the Home Secretary explained the splitting into two different organisations and the reasons, but you will be chairing all the constituent organisations in the Immigration Service, immigration, passport, Border Force and so on and so forth. That will be your job, chairing it, yes?

Mark Sedwill: Not of the Agency. We have a series of governance structures within the Home Office, and, as the Home Secretary said, there will be a board that is designed to bring all of the pieces of the immigration system together, so the Border Force, the two new commands-

Mr Winnick: I understand that, but you will be chairing it?

Mark Sedwill: Yes.

Mr Winnick: How much of that will-

Mark Sedwill: As will Ministers, of course; the Ministers and I will chair this, depending on the focus of-

Q19 Mr Winnick: Yes, but you are the most senior official obviously in the Home Office, and you have enough responsibilities, I am sure, to occupy yourself at the moment. How much time will you therefore have to chair this board?
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... c92401.htm[/quote]