ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 Year Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

virus.vinay
Newly Registered

2 Year Requirement

Post by virus.vinay » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi there,

Am currently in the UK on a Tier 1 which expires in June, 2013 completing 4 years of continuous stay. I'll apply for a Tier 1 extension, hoping that I get one, I'll be eligible for an ILR in June 2014.

My wife is in the UK on a Tier 2 visa which expires in Jan 2014. We have been living together for 3 years. She has a gap of 3 months in Jan 2012 when she went back to get her visa renewed.

Now the questions are;
1) Can she go back, get a dependent on my Tier 1, come back to UK and still be eligible for an ILR dependent in June 2014 i.e. not a continuous stay of 2 years and a change in visa type as well.
2) Can she get an extension on her Tier 2 visa (which has a slim possibility) and then apply for an ILR dependent in June 2014 even though she would be on Tier 2 visa and not Tier 1 dependent

I would be grateful for some right direction cause all the web information is getting me confused.

Vinay

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:14 am

1. If she is your PBS dependant, then she may apply for an extension as a PBS dependant. 319E(d)(ii) now requires 5 years.
2. She may change to spouse status after you have been granted ILR. E-ILRP.1.3 now requires 5 years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

virus.vinay
Newly Registered

Post by virus.vinay » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Thanks for your reply Vinny.
She has never been my PBS dependent which means that the duration applicable to us is 5 years.

A few more questions. Please bear with me:-

1) We have started living together since Dec, 2010 but she moved to UK one year before though we were living in different cities. So should we consider the "living together after marriage" from Dec, 2010 or Dec,2009.
2) Should this 5 year stay be without a break i.e. like a few months away (cause she needs to travel later this year to get a PBS dependent)
3) Once I get my ILR would she become an ILR dependent?