ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Solihull Experience 18 Mar 13

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ali_asad_pk

ILR Success Solihull Experience 18 Mar 13

Post by ali_asad_pk » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi Everyone

I had an approval yesterday and waiting for my BRP card now,

My experience is very similar to many on this forum.

Had appointment at 0930 and as I was travelling form London so left home 0600 and arrived there 0815, (M1, M6, M42 on other side were all blocked, thanks GOD it was other side) after parking (John Lewis) etc, I was in office 0835 and was told to be too early so go back and come again at 0920

I had to kill time by walking on high street

Again came back at 0905 and they admitted me, after a while I observed that ticket numbers are being called and some people are holding piece of paper and I was curious to know about it but kept patience when finally one of the person stood up and asked about ticket number etc but he was told that as appointment is at 0930 so will be given ticket number at that time so finally ticket number was issued at 0935 and then I had to wait to be called by CW which was done at around 1005

She asked my passport first and application form, she spent lot of time on my first entry clearance and then two subsequent extensions which were all as student, meanwhile she had a peper (check list) and she was writing some number/refrences on it while inputting something in system from my passport and writing number/characters on screen in paper and also lot of other statements on that sheet with possible three column, yes, no, not applicable and she was doing ticks in different cells, after like 10 minutes, she asked me pay slips then arranged them the way she wanted as they were from two different employers and one was monthly and one weekly, then she asked bank statements as second proof and cross checked all salasry slips amount on bank statements as deposit and asked if I was director of any company, then questions my maintenance funds for which I gave another bank statement for different account, then she asked my LIUK certificate and took it to make further checks when she returned, she was smiling and gave my passport back (with lot of photocopies in her hand) saying I had 100% score in LIUK

Then I left CW to move on next window to pay for amount

Experience was more with wait rather then actual processing, as I had to wait for another 45 minutes before being called less then 2 minute session of Biomatrics details and once I finish that, I was asked to wait outside. After 8-10 minutes (around 1115) I was asked to come back in 2 hours and get my documents back, I came back 1235 but documents were not ready, again came back 1305 and everything was waiting for me

Now I am waiting for BRP Card

Documents which case worker asked

Application Form + Passport + Photograph
Pay Slips
Bank Statements
Proof of maintenance fund
LIUK Certificate

Everything apart from Application form and Photographs was returned

Documents which I took, just in case (LOL!!! Very long list)

Employment letter for active employment proof
Letter from employer(s) covering payments made to me (for 12 months)
Letter from employer detailing/confirming dates I was out of UK in past 5 years (total was 91 days in about 8 trips, longest one 34 days)
Past 4 P60
All payslips since I got T1G in 08
All Bank statements to confirm above
T1G Points Calculator Assessment
T1G Qualification Degree
T1G Proof of English language
Current Tenancy Agreement
Electricity, water, telephone, council tax bill
TV licence
Almost 3/4 proof of address of each address I was on (in last 5 years, total 4 addresses)

Only question CW asked me was, "what is your profession"

Overall it was good experience, when you achieve objective, you forget everything else in the way. But, I had to wait a lot and some of it was down to management because I was called very late in first instance then biomatrics registration was too long to wait as after 30 minutes in wait, I realized that there is no one inside taking finger prints as staff is on break (probably) and then few ticket numbers which were issues before me but were with CW when I came back and queued up in biomatrics registration, were processed ahead of me as they were free as well by the time staff returned for biomatrics and then it was lot of drive back home for me, about 2 + 2 hours going and coming back but good thing is that they were even accepting people 1 hours late then their schedule time

It is very small office and maximum up to 20/30 seats so if you have kids and have to sit inside then it could be problem (you will have to sit long if your appointment is not early in the day the later the appointment, the longer you will sit)

I went Croydon for my T1G extension and it was massive office and like "mad house" as someone reffered to it on this forum but this one was quite, good thing for which I went was that application was first assessed properly, all interview and question done and when you are sure to get it (apart from biomatrics checks) then they take everything on and ask you to pay. I saw few cases where they had wrong or incomplete documents and then CW did some discussion and also guided properly what is needed and I saw those people coming back with missing documents and go ahead with application and then payment etc so I love this as if I have paid fee and CW has told I am missing something, I could have heart attack to know if I was about to loose massive amount as fee

I got lot of information from this forum and I thank to everyone who replied to my queries and wish good luck to all those who are going ahead in their way

A special thanks to moderators/owners for running such and informative forum

You can always ask me any question/query which you think I can be helpful with, PM me or ask under this topic.

I am an ordinary person who has career in his own field, I am not immigration consultant or expert but I always filed and prepared my cases myself (expect my HSMP approval) and never ever had to face refusal (mostly down to my luck)

Bye Bye

BRP attempted Thursday 21 around 12 pm and it was missed

BRP re delivery Friday 22 around 1115 and I got it

I must say that it was not a good experience at all with DX as it was second experience of mine, last time (a year ago) they came for my daughter's BRP and we had notice that bell is not working so knock on window but they did not instead sent letter through royal mail second class to arrange re delivery

This time, they come and ring intercom (as we live in flat building) and in 15 seconds when my wife came on intercom, they were gone, as I was expecting them so I called them and they confirmed there is packet for me but I can not arrange collection because they did not get access to property so they did not leave calling card and there is no way I can get calling card because due to intercom, they will never get access to property but they gave me favor by taking note that call customer on arrival so driver will call me when arrive and i can come and open door etc and I could not arrange time delivery as it was close to 6pm so I waited home and sat by intercom, at 1115, it run and i instantly picked up and it was felt as driver was on way back and he said your delivery, i said come up to xx floor, finally he came and I got envelop which clearly say that call customer on arrival

Anyway, bad experience but got it at the end, I read reviews about DX and no one has good experience, almost everyone misses it and gets re delivery

Thanks for reading
Last edited by ali_asad_pk on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vrsec666
Newly Registered

Post by vrsec666 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:12 pm

Congratulations on your ILR

Bit surprised about the maintenance fund , I think it is not a requirement for ILR . Could you please elaborate more about this why it was asked ?

lxx

Post by lxx » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Congratulations!

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:43 pm

Maintenance fund? You applied for ILR right?

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks vrsec666 & lxx

You are right, vrsec666 & darkhorse10, maintenance funds are not required even on points calculator or anywhere in rules but I was maintaining it to be on safe side and took it with me and when CW asked, I gave her to finish job off rather then asking her if it was needed or arguing any more

I played all safe cards but you are right, it is not mentioned anywhere and I was also surprised to see when she asked me but my good luck that I had it all in place

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Success Solihull Experience 18 Mar 13

Post by go2khurram » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:20 pm

ali_asad_pk wrote:Hi Everyone

Had appointment at 0930 and as I was travelling form London so left home 0600 and arrived there 0815, (M1, M6, M42 on other side were all blocked, thanks GOD it was other side) after parking (John Lewis) etc, I was in office 0835 and was told to be too early so go back and come again at 0920

Again came back at 0905 and they admitted me, after a while I observed that ticket numbers are being called and some people are holding piece of paper and I was curious to know about it but kept patience when finally one of the person stood up and asked about ticket number etc but he was told that as appointment is at 0930 so will be given ticket number at that time so finally ticket number was issued at 0935 and then I had to wait to be called by CW which was done at around 1005

She asked my passport first and application form, she spent lot of time on my first entry clearance and then two subsequent extensions which were all as student, meanwhile she had a peper (check list) and she was writing some number/refrences on it while inputting something in system from my passport and writing number/characters on screen in paper and also lot of other statements on that sheet with possible three column, yes, no, not applicable and she was doing ticks in different cells, after like 10 minutes, she asked me pay slips then arranged them the way she wanted as they were from two different employers and one was monthly and one weekly, then she asked bank statements as second proof and cross checked all salasry slips amount on bank statements as deposit and asked if I was director of any company, then questions my maintenance funds for which I gave another bank statement for different account, then she asked my LIUK certificate and took it to make further checks when she returned, she was smiling and gave my passport back (with lot of photocopies in her hand) saying I had 100% score in LIUK

Experience was more with wait rather then actual processing, as I had to wait for another 45 minutes before being called less then 2 minute session of Biomatrics details and once I finish that, I was asked to wait outside. After 8-10 minutes (around 1115) I was asked to come back in 2 hours and get my documents back, I came back 1235 but documents were not ready, again came back 1305 and everything was waiting for me

Pay Slips
Bank Statements
LIUK Certificate

Letter from employer detailing/confirming dates I was out of UK in past 5 years (total was 91 days in about 8 trips, longest one 34 days)
Past 4 P60
T1G Qualification Degree
TV licence
Almost 3/4 proof of address of each address I was on (in last 5 years, total 4 addresses)

Overall it was good experience, when you achieve objective, you forget everything else in the way. But, I had to wait a lot and some of it was down to management because I was called very late in first instance then biomatrics registration was too long to wait as after 30 minutes in wait, I realized that there is no one inside taking finger prints as staff is on break (probably) and then few ticket numbers which were issues before me but were with CW when I came back and queued up in biomatrics registration, were processed ahead of me as they were free as well by the time staff returned for biomatrics and then it was lot of drive back home for me, about 2 + 2 hours going and coming back but good thing is that they were even accepting people 1 hours late then their schedule time

It is very small office and maximum up to 20/30 seats so if you have kids and have to sit inside then it could be problem (you will have to sit long if your appointment is not early in the day the later the appointment, the longer you will sit)

I went Croydon for my T1G extension and it was massive office and like "mad house" as someone reffered to it on this forum but this one was quite, good thing for which I went was that application was first assessed properly, all interview and question done and when you are sure to get it (apart from biomatrics checks) then they take everything on and ask you to pay. I saw few cases where they had wrong or incomplete documents and then CW did some discussion and also guided properly what is needed and I saw those people coming back with missing documents and go ahead with application and then payment etc so I love this as if I have paid fee and CW has told I am missing something, I could have heart attack to know if I was about to loose massive amount as fee

I got lot of information from this forum and I thank to everyone who replied to my queries and wish good luck to all those who are going ahead in their way

You can always ask me any question/query which you think I can be helpful with, PM me or ask under this topic.

I am an ordinary person who has career in his own field, I am not immigration consultant or expert but I always filed and prepared my cases myself (expect my HSMP approval) and never ever had to face refusal (mostly down to my luck)

Bye Bye
Congratulations mate,

Quick question, when u left for payment did CW told you that she is approving your ILR?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Success Solihull Experience 18 Mar 13

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:16 pm

ali_asad_pk wrote:Hi Everyone

Pay Slips
Bank Statements
LIUK Certificate

Past 4 P60
T1G Qualification Degree
TV licence

Bye Bye
Congratulations. Well done. Nice post. We carry so many documents and are so stressed to get hold of them. Finally CW asks for few documents. This Maintenance Fund is aq new thing. Is it some proof to show that you could maintain with out recourse to Public Funds. So how much is your Bank Balance you have to show, for this maintenance fund.

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:00 am

Hi go2khurram

Yes, CW told me that application is approved and I will be grated settlement and approval letter will be ready in 2 hours subject to my finger prints been cleared with police record and I can proceed to make payment

in Solihull, they tell you decision and even help you with guidance if there is chance of refusal, only thing after payment is your finger prints must pass police database and if you know you have not done anything then thats it, you got it

One of my friends had extension issue 2 years ago, he went Solihull and they told he does not qualify for extension as yet and application will be refused, he did lot of arguments finally they said if you want it in written then proceed with payment, he went ahead and their decision was exactly what they told him.

So, in short, yes, they tell you about acceptance before asking you to move to next counter for payment

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:04 am

Hi Kevin24

You are right, we do carry all this as you never know what they will demand and unless you have anything missing, it is good to have it all so that when they ask, give it rather then arguing as its better to get it over and done

Maintenance fund if not required for ILR but yet she asked and I had it ready as I was not sure if I will apply for my kid and spouse so I had maintained 900 + 600 + 600 since November so it was more then 90 days but at the end only I went so I prepared thing for whole family

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:53 am

ali_asad_pk wrote:Hi go2khurram

Yes, CW told me that application is approved and I will be grated settlement and approval letter will be ready in 2 hours subject to my finger prints been cleared with police record and I can proceed to make payment

in Solihull, they tell you decision and even help you with guidance if there is chance of refusal, only thing after payment is your finger prints must pass police database and if you know you have not done anything then thats it, you got it

One of my friends had extension issue 2 years ago, he went Solihull and they told he does not qualify for extension as yet and application will be refused, he did lot of arguments finally they said if you want it in written then proceed with payment, he went ahead and their decision was exactly what they told him.

So, in short, yes, they tell you about acceptance before asking you to move to next counter for payment
Thanks Ali Asad for brief reply and enjoy your settlement.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:35 pm

ali_asad_pk wrote:Hi Kevin24

You are right, we do carry all this as you never know what they will demand and unless you have anything missing, it is good to have it all so that when they ask, give it rather then arguing as its better to get it over and done

Maintenance fund if not required for ILR but yet she asked and I had it ready as I was not sure if I will apply for my kid and spouse so I had maintained 900 + 600 + 600 since November so it was more then 90 days but at the end only I went so I prepared thing for whole family
Thank you for your reply. For the maintenance fund did you show your current account Bank statements from November to February??No point in arguing with CW like you say, ultimately you are the looser.

Shrikant1402
Newly Registered

Post by Shrikant1402 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:50 pm

[quote="ali_asad_pk"]Thanks vrsec666 & lxx

You are right, vrsec666 & darkhorse10, maintenance funds are not required even on points calculator or anywhere in rules but I was maintaining it to be on safe side and took it with me and when CW asked, I gave her to finish job off rather then asking her if it was needed or arguing any more

I played all safe cards but you are right, it is not mentioned anywhere and I was also surprised to see when she asked me but my good luck that I had it all in place[/quote]

These CW are not educated. Even I was asked for maintenance funds and I clearly told her its not required for ILR. I was applying as Tier1 General.

She agreed and accepted the application.

Another warning - Never book appointments in Liverpool and Croydon.
Majority of aaplications are awaiting decision even after using premium service. They tell you that BRP verification has not received yet due to some system issues. They will ask you to leave and assure a call back next day. Verbally they will say that decision is positive but can not issue any letter until system check is complete.

They will never call you back and you will need to wait for at least a week to hear anything back from them.

I am one of the victim :(

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi Kevin24

I had funds deposited and freeze in my saving account since 19th Nov to 5th Mar and I took statement for this duration while my current account had pay coming in to it so I gave that as evidence of earning

Hi Shrikant1402

From forum, it is evident that Liverpool and Croydon are having IT issues these days and they are promising to call but do not call, I read a post when someone was promised to be called and then they received BRP today, it was case of 15 Mar from Croydon. My friend went on 14 in Croydon and he got decision same day and yet waiting for BRP

jaberdene

Post by jaberdene » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:13 pm

so I had maintained 900 + 600 + 600 since November so it was more then 90 days
Hi congrats on your ILR.
So you hold the £2100 for 3 months for maintenance of 3 of you?
So CW satisfied as the £2100 is enough for you family maintenance?

Cheers

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:44 pm

ali_asad_pk wrote:Hi Kevin24

I had funds deposited and freeze in my saving account since 19th Nov to 5th Mar and I took statement for this duration while my current account had pay coming in to it so I gave that as evidence of earning

Hi Shrikant1402

From forum, it is evident that Liverpool and Croydon are having IT issues these days and they are promising to call but do not call, I read a post when someone was promised to be called and then they received BRP today, it was case of 15 Mar from Croydon. My friend went on 14 in Croydon and he got decision same day and yet waiting for BRP
Thank you. I think CW wants to ensure you have enough funds to maintain the 3 of you with out ant recourse to public funds. This is a new thing they are checking. I haven't come across in the Guidance. Don't know if it is going to be a requirement from 06/04.