ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to ILR in May 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kumarilr13

WP to ILR in May 2013

Post by kumarilr13 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:15 pm

Dear All,

I on WP and hoping to apply ILR in May this year.

I work as a research technician in University. To apply for ILR what should be my SOC code?.

Please let me know.

many Thanks,
Kumar.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:45 pm

Unfortunately you have to do your own research and find the SOC code yourself or look for the nearest one possible.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:49 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:Unfortunately you have to do your own research and find the SOC code yourself or look for the nearest one possible.
Look in the UKBA Code List,which nearly matches your Job.That's how I found it. You have to spend some time. Nothing comes easy without some hard work,in life.

kumarilr13

Post by kumarilr13 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:23 pm

I did search for SOC code, the only problem is either there is research associate or lab technician but not research technician. In either way I get paid more than both, not sure which one i could choose. You think my university HR able to help me with this????

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:34 pm

kumarilr13 wrote:I did search for SOC code, the only problem is either there is research associate or lab technician but not research technician. In either way I get paid more than both, not sure which one i could choose. You think my university HR able to help me with this????
I think it's better you ask your university HR for help. Because they will be able to match you list of duties with the exact SOC Code.