ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DOCUMENTS REQUIRE TO SPONSOR GENERAL VISITOR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pharmacist2006
Newly Registered

DOCUMENTS REQUIRE TO SPONSOR GENERAL VISITOR

Post by pharmacist2006 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Dear All

I will be grateful if you could advise in following query -

Currently I am on Tier 1 General Visa valid until March 2015 after which I will apply for ILR.

I have to sponsor my parents in Pakistan as General Visitor (as under new UKBA rules, family sponsor is only allowed if resident is British citizen or permanently settled here in UK. as I have limited leave to remain so going through general visitor route).

My parents had already visited me 3 times in last 3 years where they got family visit visa for 6/6 months and only stayed 1/1 month in UK.

Do I need to send my original documents for this general visa application or photocopies will be sufficient?

Documents will include my passport, current BRP card, 6 months bank statement, 6 salary slips, employment contract, tenancy agreement and sponsorship letter.

Lastly, do i need to complete UKBA official sponsorship letter or can write statement on A4 size paper?

Many thanks

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:36 pm

These are sufficient:

Documents will include my passport, current BRP card, 3 months bank

statement, 3 salary slips, tenancy agreement and sponsorship letter.

Just the copies will do

All they may need is a bank statement if they have one.

All the best.

kpk1234

Post by kpk1234 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi

I have applied a family visitor visa for my parents to visit me in UK last year ( July 2012). All you need is your 6 months bank statements and 6 months pay slips, tenacy agreement, a letter to UKBA stating you are inviting you parents to visit you. Also you parents needs to show they have strong ties with pakistan, that they will go back at the end of their stay.

Copies of your documents is fine. But i have sent original payslips and bank statements and copies of my VISA and passport. Also it is good if your parents include a covering letter.

indianmember2013
United Kingdom

Post by indianmember2013 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:07 pm

Is it ok if i attach some bank statements that are signed and stamped by the bank as opposed to orignal as I have to send some orignal statements to an organisation ?