ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sent back by NCS Tower Hamlets

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arun_prasad
Newly Registered

Sent back by NCS Tower Hamlets

Post by arun_prasad » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:54 am

Hi

Yesterday I went to NCS tower hamlets. They refused to accept my application for 2 reasons:

1. Lost my Indian passport six months back. Got my new passport and also got my No Time Limit again. Now since the stamps are missing NCS rep told me I should provide alternative proof of stay like P60's, salary slips. I dont have any of them but can ring up ask HMRC to provide me a statement of my account. Also is last 5 year current account bank statements acceptable as alternative evidence ??

2. Last 2 years I'm a self employed. I know HMRC wants to see that I'm upto date with taxes. I've filed my first return as a self employed in Oct 2012 and have paid the taxes for 2011-12 on Jan 31st. But NCS is not ready to accept the latest statement from HMRC which says I'm due tax as of Jan 31st.Checked the website and the latest statement still has the same data. Do you know if there is some way to get an acknowledgement letter from HMRC that I've paid my taxes.

Anyone in any one of the above situtations earlier ?? your help will be much appreciated.

thanks
Arun

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:39 pm

It appears that you can get online to your part of the HMRC website, given you can see the latest Statement of Account.

Accordingly you can also check the detail of your tax account, and that should show you that the tax you claim to be paid has indeed been paid.

Having got to that screen you could then capture a screen dump, to prove the tax is apid, but I am not sure whether the NCS office will accept such a document.
John

shweta.duggal

Post by shweta.duggal » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi arun_prasad
I recently put my naturalisation application thru NCS . I was explained the reason why p60 or employer letter is required.
The reason is to show the continuous residency in UK if your passport cannot show that. I am Indian and my passport shows all in & out entry from UK clearly so it can show that how long I was in UK and when I was out.
But in case of say European, passport are not stamped(as I was told) for in- out trip from UK. Thy p60/employer letter are required.
So, if I compare your case with above reasoning; you lost your passport so probably no evidence of stamps on new passport (if any trips made out of UK)
You worked for some other company for 3 years ( if I assume); you can have employer reference letter that should help. To add on more Payslip for 3 years???

arun_prasad
Newly Registered

Post by arun_prasad » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi

Thanks for the advice. I dont have payslips.

But have requested the home office for a employment history letter and that would cover period between 08 and 2011

From then onwards I was a self employed and have requested for the statement of accounts from the home office (which anyways have to be provided) I hope this would cover period betweeen 2008 and 2013 which will be the last five years. Have a letter issue by employer in 2007 to prove employment before that period.

Hope all this should be enough.

Thanks

boloney

Post by boloney » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:09 pm

shweta.duggal wrote: But in case of say European, passport are not stamped(as I was told) for in- out trip from UK. Thy p60/employer letter are required.
it maybe required by NcS but not HO, my passport never been stamped as I'm EU Citizen and HO did't requested more evidence from me. My passport and PR card(issued in 2009) was enough to prove that I Lived in the UK. Looks like NCS wanna make sure they on safe side and there is No claim from customers if HO turns app down because there was No evidence.

arun_prasad
Newly Registered

Post by arun_prasad » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Thanks for all the replies.

Have submitted the letters from HMRC as mentioned in my previous posts and got my citizenship approval today.

Thanks
Arun

shweta.duggal

Post by shweta.duggal » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:16 pm

it look a while for you arun_prasad. We applied on 13 mar and approval was done by 8 apr.