ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - Do I have to work while i make the ILR application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naveen_nagesh
Newly Registered

URGENT - Do I have to work while i make the ILR application?

Post by naveen_nagesh » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi Guys,
There is a question in the ILR application form, "Are you working in the UK?". In my case, my contract finished in Jan and am searching for a new contract. I am going to apply for ILR on friday and wanted to know what should i tick for this question, "Yes" or "No". Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Naveen.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: URGENT - Do I have to work while i make the ILR applicat

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:33 pm

naveen_nagesh wrote:Hi Guys,
There is a question in the ILR application form, "Are you working in the UK?". In my case, my contract finished in Jan and am searching for a new contract. I am going to apply for ILR on friday and wanted to know what should i tick for this question, "Yes" or "No". Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Naveen.
You need to provide more info such as what is your current visa status and what category you are applying under, perhaps some dates.
If you are on T1G then you dont have to be working as long as you score the points otherwise you have to be working.

techie_09

Re: URGENT - Do I have to work while i make the ILR applicat

Post by techie_09 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:09 pm

naveen_nagesh wrote:Hi Guys,

Cheers,
Naveen.
Assuming you are on tier-1 visa, you are not required to be in work aa long you have sufficient points. In case you are operating through your own limited company you can say employed. I was in same situation while applying for ILR and since I was director of my own company i ticked it as working.
Techie

naveen_nagesh
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by naveen_nagesh » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:03 am

Hey Guys,
Thanks for your replies, I should have specified my application type as Tier 1 General. Fortunately my being out of contract didnt prove to be a problem. My application was successful and my new BRP card is on its way.

It was fairly straight forward. I went to Cardiff PEO(my appointment was at 10.30am) and handed in my docs. The officer asked couple of questions before accepting my application. And as part of that, he asked me if i was working and I said yes(was being a bit cheeky;)). He then asked me if I had any letter from my employer. I handed it over, along with the following docs:

- Life in the UK pass letter
- Payslips for the past 15 months
- Bank Statements for the past 14 months
- Passport and BRP card.

I was then asked to wait till my payment was through and once it was, I was taken for biometric enrolment. After that the officer informed me that, the application will be passed to the caseworker and he will call me at around 2PM and asked me to come back once i get a call.
Went to a nearby pub and was waiting. At about 1.00 pm i got a call and they asked me to come to the office at about 1.30pm. Went back at 1.30 and was waiting till 2.30pm and then the officer called out my name and handed in my passport and the docs and told me that the application was through and I have to wait till i got my new BRP card and not to make any immediate travel plans. That was one big relief and a big weight off my shoulders.

Big thanks to this forum and its members for all the tips and tricks :)

Now i am off to tescos to return my printer which i used to print the application off, hope they take it back ;)

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Thanks

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:11 pm

naveen_nagesh wrote:Hey Guys,
Thanks for your replies, I should have specified my application type as Tier 1 General. Fortunately my being out of contract didnt prove to be a problem. My application was successful and my new BRP card is on its way.

It was fairly straight forward. I went to Cardiff PEO(my appointment was at 10.30am) and handed in my docs. The officer asked couple of questions before accepting my application. And as part of that, he asked me if i was working and I said yes(was being a bit cheeky;)). He then asked me if I had any letter from my employer. I handed it over, along with the following docs:

- Life in the UK pass letter
- Payslips for the past 15 months
- Bank Statements for the past 14 months
- Passport and BRP card.

I was then asked to wait till my payment was through and once it was, I was taken for biometric enrolment. After that the officer informed me that, the application will be passed to the caseworker and he will call me at around 2PM and asked me to come back once i get a call.
Went to a nearby pub and was waiting. At about 1.00 pm i got a call and they asked me to come to the office at about 1.30pm. Went back at 1.30 and was waiting till 2.30pm and then the officer called out my name and handed in my passport and the docs and told me that the application was through and I have to wait till i got my new BRP card and not to make any immediate travel plans. That was one big relief and a big weight off my shoulders.

Big thanks to this forum and its members for all the tips and tricks :)

Now i am off to tescos to return my printer which i used to print the application off, hope they take it back ;)
Congratulations.Hope you had a Pint after your ILR was approved.
1.How did you pay your Visa Fees.?
2.How will you rate Cardiff PEO for Courtesy, Customer Care.