ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 ICT to Tier2 General with entry clearance before 2010

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ict2ilr
Newly Registered

Tier2 ICT to Tier2 General with entry clearance before 2010

Post by ict2ilr » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:26 pm

Hi,

I'm planning to switch from Tier2 ICT to Tier2 General with a job offer from A-rated sponsor and having the following UK visa details -
UK Work Permit Visa - Jan. 2008 - Jan 2010 (First Entry Clearance)
UK Tier2SW (ICT) Migrant - Jan 2010 - Jan 2012 (Renewal inside of the UK)
UK Tier2 (ICT) Long Term - Jan 2012 - valid until Jan 2014 (Renewal inside of the UK)

But before initiating the VISA process, the HR of the A-rated sponsor company has spoken to the UKBA and told me that my Tier 2 ICT does not allow me to transfer to a Tier 2 General category due to the date my current visa was issued (Jan 2012). This means i can only work for my current company and on expiry of the visa i have to return to my home country, unless my current company renew it.

I have a few questions to clarify and seeking experts advise -
1. As my first granted leave (entry clearance) was before April 2010, can i be eligible to switch to Tier2 General In-country ?
2. After switching over to Tier2 General, does it reset my ILR clock ?
2. Has anyone recently switched over to Tier2 General with a similar scenario ?

Thanks,
ICT2ILR.

ict2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by ict2ilr » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:17 am

Experts,

Could you pls advise on this issue ? Thanks.

ICT2ILR.

ict2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by ict2ilr » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:13 am

Mods / Experts,

Any help on this topic is highly appreciated. Thanks.

new191
Newly Registered

Post by new191 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:25 am

I think it is possible to switch to Tier 2 (G) .

I came UK under tier 2 (ICT) on july 2009 -> got renewed inside UK on July 2012 -> after that found some A-rated sponsors got tier 2(G) -> got appproval waiting for BRP card

Thanks

Tier2Employee
Newly Registered

Can you confirm on Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Post by Tier2Employee » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:42 pm

My Employer is not ready to give the ILR Letter therefore I want to switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General.

Will it be possible if I have a sponsor to switch to Tier 2 General and then apply for ILR. I have got a Job Offer but if you can please help and advise.

On the first post I see it mentioned that my employer does not allow switching from Tier 2 ICT. Is there any dicretion on existing Employer of not allowing you to switch.

ict2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by ict2ilr » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:46 pm

new191 wrote:I think it is possible to switch to Tier 2 (G) .

I came UK under tier 2 (ICT) on july 2009 -> got renewed inside UK on July 2012 -> after that found some A-rated sponsors got tier 2(G) -> got appproval waiting for BRP card

Thanks
Hi new191,

Thx for ur response. Did u apply to switch for Tier2 Gen. by post or PEO ?
You gave me hope, as i was worried about the response from UKBA.

Mods / Experts,
Any advice on this issue is highly appreciated. Thanks.

ict2ilr
Newly Registered

Re: Can you confirm on Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General

Post by ict2ilr » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Tier2Employee wrote:My Employer is not ready to give the ILR Letter therefore I want to switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General.

Will it be possible if I have a sponsor to switch to Tier 2 General and then apply for ILR. I have got a Job Offer but if you can please help and advise.

On the first post I see it mentioned that my employer does not allow switching from Tier 2 ICT. Is there any dicretion on existing Employer of not allowing you to switch.
Hi,

I'm in a similar situation like you. As told above, there is no discretion on the existing employer.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier2 ICT to Tier2 General with entry clearance before 2

Post by manci » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:24 pm

ict2ilr wrote:Hi,

I'm planning to switch from Tier2 ICT to Tier2 General with a job offer from A-rated sponsor and having the following UK visa details -
UK Tier2SW do you mean skilled worker? (ICT) Migrant - Jan 2010 - Jan 2012 (Renewal inside of the UK)
UK Tier2 (ICT) Long Term - Jan 2012 - valid until Jan 2014 (Renewal inside of the UK)

provided you had a Qualifying Work Permit have you considered applying for ILR now?

But before initiating the VISA process, the HR of the A-rated sponsor company has spoken to the UKBA and told me that my Tier 2 ICT does not allow me to transfer to a Tier 2 General category due to the date my current visa was issued (Jan 2012). This advice is wrong, HR either didn't explain your immigration history fully or didn't understand the answer they got. You can speak to UKBA yourself or look in the T2 policy guidance This means i can only work for my current company and on expiry of the visa i have to return to my home country, unless my current company renew it. No. you are eligibe to switch to T2G provided you change sponsors

1. As my first granted leave (entry clearance) was before April 2010, can i be eligible to switch to Tier2 General In-country ? yes, and you would also be eligible if you only had the second visa because it was granted before 6 April 2011.

2. After switching over to Tier2 General, does it reset my ILR clock ? no

Thanks,
ICT2ILR.

ict2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by ict2ilr » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi Manci.... Thx for your response.
manci wrote:

UK Tier2SW do you mean skilled worker? Yes, it's skilled worker (ICT) Migrant - Jan 2010 - Jan 2012 (Renewal inside of the UK)

provided you had a Qualifying Work Permit have you considered applying for ILR now?

my employer is not giving me the sponsor letter and that's the reason, am switching over to tier2 general and then apply for ILR

But before initiating the VISA process, the HR of the A-rated sponsor company has spoken to the UKBA and told me that my Tier 2 ICT does not allow me to transfer to a Tier 2 General category due to the date my current visa was issued (Jan 2012). This advice is wrong, HR either didn't explain your immigration history fully or didn't understand the answer they got. You can speak to UKBA yourself or look in the T2 policy guidance This means i can only work for my current company and on expiry of the visa i have to return to my home country, unless my current company renew it. No. you are eligibe to switch to T2G provided you change sponsors

1. As my first granted leave (entry clearance) was before April 2010, can i be eligible to switch to Tier2 General In-country ? yes, and you would also be eligible if you only had the second visa because it was granted before 6 April 2011.
Could you pls explain this point a little more ?

Thanks,
ICT2ILR.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:08 am

ict2ilr wrote:Hi Manci.... Thx for your response.
manci wrote:

UK Tier2SW do you mean skilled worker? Yes, it's skilled worker (ICT) Migrant - Jan 2010 - Jan 2012 (Renewal inside of the UK)

my employer is not giving me the sponsor letter and that's the reason, am switching over to tier2 general and then apply for ILR

Could you pls explain this point a little more ?
Those who had a qualifying work permit or T2 ICT leave under the rules before 6 April 2011 are eligible to switch to T2G. See immigration rule 245HD (a) and (c)(i):
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

Thanks,
ICT2ILR.