ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Diff birth dates on passport & birth certificate-please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bssjs1
Newly Registered

Diff birth dates on passport & birth certificate-please

Post by bssjs1 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

There is a good amount of information on these posts which has proven useful.

I have a few questions regarding application for a spouse visa for my partner who is currently in India.

We met in the UK while he was here on WorkingHoliday maker visa and he went back last year. His application for a student visa to return back to the UK was rejected, but we still maintained our long distance relationship, and I even went to India to see him and his family for a couple of weeks.

Now we are getting married in Feb 07, and we have most of the evidence paper work in order. Will his student visa rejection be a problem when applying for a spouse visa?

Also, what is worrying me now is that since he was 2 years old, on all his documents including his passport, his birth date is different to the one on his birth certificate (this had been changed because of getting admissions in school, etc).

We have been advised to apply for a new passport with the same date as the birth certificate, which will not be a problem. But will this be a huge obstacle when applying for the spouse visa?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.