ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

YMS but married to a Uk citizen. Really need advice.

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kbaqua
Newly Registered

YMS but married to a Uk citizen. Really need advice.

Post by kbaqua » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:24 pm

Hiya,

My fiancee wants to apply under the YMS, (he's Canadian and under 30.) We are both wanting to live in the UK for the next 2 years BUT then relocate back to Canada, (there are many reasons for this but I won't bore you with them now...)

At the moment he has not applied yet and we are needing help writing section 7 - other relevant info. We assume that we should declare that when he enters the UK he will be married, although at time off app he is single. (We are getting married in Canada on July 27th)

But we are v. concerned that UKBA will reject him as they will suspect he is trying to 'settle' in the UK by an easier route other than spousal. This is NOT the case. There is no point in him coming under the spouse route as UKBA website clearly states it is for couples intending to permanently settle in the UK which we are not. And it is such a long and expensive process on top of all that if we're not even aiming for an eventual LTR status.

How on Earth do we prove that on his application? That he will not overstay his YMS visa and that we will both return to Canada before it expires?

Any ideas? :?

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:29 pm

You do not need to disclose he is married unless it explicitly asks that.

In any case it is not an issue.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:18 pm

If you DO say he's married to a Brit then I suspect that will cause complications with the application.