ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what benefits will trouble us getting EEA-3 and EEA-4 later

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Saima.manchester
Newly Registered

what benefits will trouble us getting EEA-3 and EEA-4 later

Post by Saima.manchester » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi every one...
My Husband is a EEA citizen (Danish) and I'm non- EEA family member, we also has a 5 year old Daughter.
We are living here in Manchester, UK. from april 2011, I am working full time 53.5 hours and my Husband is working as self employed 20 hours. I have 5 years residence card (EEA-2) and my wife got blue registration certificate (EEA-1), we both obtained there cards in 2 years before.
Now My questions are :
1- What benefits we can claim, if we are low income?
2- what benefits will trouble us getting EEA-3 and EEA-4 later.
3- Can we apply Child Benefit, Child Tax credit, working tax credit and housing benefit?
4- we have applied eea family permit for my husbands parents, will it be any problem for their eea family permit if we are claiming these above benefit?

I was reading somewhere that we can qualify for Child Benefit, Child Tax credit, working tax credit, if we on low income, and also Housing benefits. Is that true and what benefits will give us trouble for our EEA-3 and EEA-4 in future also eea family permits for our payrents.

We have some savings, but still would like to know what is available regarding social benefits for us without getting our immigration status in trouble.

thanks for all the help in advance.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:07 pm

You describe your situation in a way that confuses me a bit. You are talking about my husband, and in the next sentence about my wife??
Assuming you mean my husband in both cases, then am I correct in understanding that your husband is an EU national (Danish as you say), but his parents are non-EEA??

I don't think any of the benefits you mention will be an issue when it comes to PR, but with respect to the parents it is a bit more unclear. There is the additional condition that they must be financially dependent on you and your husband, and if you are on low income yourself it may be difficult to have a convincing case for that.

Saima.manchester
Newly Registered

Post by Saima.manchester » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Yes you r write, in first part that my husband is a EEA national, so you thing It can be difficult for my parents Eea family permit if v r on low income, by the way they r dependent on us, I am sending money to them for the last 1 year also they r old and retired.
UKBA says in their site, our parents should be dependent on on me or my husband, they haven't mentioned any earning criteria us to apply Eea family permit for our dependent parents.
Please let me know if you find any information in later stage and oblige.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Generically an EEA national worker, self employed and job seekers can claim benefits but it is bit difficult to say that how and what benefit affect PR because it is entirely depend on each individual family circumstances. But on state benefits self sufficiency cannot be claimed to become a qualified person.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Saima.manchester
Newly Registered

Post by Saima.manchester » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks sheraz but u didnt answer other question regarding my parents Eea family permit

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:57 am

Saima.manchester wrote:Thanks sheraz but u didnt answer other question regarding my parents Eea family permit
According to law it says dependency, does not say financially, it can be prove that they part of same household, I don't think it will effect