ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship - WRS date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hannah_9
Newly Registered

British citizenship - WRS date

Post by hannah_9 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:21 am

Would much appreciate your help.

I am Polish and have been living and working continuously in UK for 6 years now (my first contract date is 20.03.2007).
However my first employer did not require the Worker Registration Scheme from me and I have not done it myself as well unfortunately at the time. When I started my second job I finally did my WRS in October 2008.
However as we know the WRS is not required anymore since 2011.

And my question is: does my WRS need to be at least 5 years old as well for my application to be successful?
I really need to apply now and would not want to wait till October.

Otherwise all my documents are fine (P60's, pay slip, contracts etc).

I would really appreciate your help on above.

boloney

Re: British citizenship - WRS date

Post by boloney » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:13 am

hannah_9 wrote:Would much appreciate your help.

I am Polish and have been living and working continuously in UK for 6 years now (my first contract date is 20.03.2007).
However my first employer did not require the Worker Registration Scheme from me and I have not done it myself as well unfortunately at the time. When I started my second job I finally did my WRS in October 2008.
However as we know the WRS is not required anymore since 2011.

And my question is: does my WRS need to be at least 5 years old as well for my application to be successful?
I really need to apply now and would not want to wait till October.

Otherwise all my documents are fine (P60's, pay slip, contracts etc).

I would really appreciate your help on above.
you will have to wait until october 2014 unless you are married to British citizen.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:15 am

You are not mentioning one aspect of this, namely, the need to have PR ... Permanent Residence ... status for at least 12 months, before applying for Naturalisation as a British Citizen.

In order to get PR status you need to have been exercising Treaty Rights in the UK for 5 years, but in your circumstances your 5-year period does not even start until a date in October 2008.
my question is: does my WRS need to be at least 5 years old as well for my application to be successful?
No, it needs to be 5+1=6 years before you can apply for Naturalisation as a British Citizen. So October 2014, unless you happen to be married to (or in Civil Partnership with) a British Citizen.
John

hannah_9
Newly Registered

Post by hannah_9 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:35 am

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
So it does not even matter that I came here 6 yrs ago in March 2007 and been continuously working since then? And it actually is WRS date that determines it?
To be honest I thought I did my 5 yrs treaty rights and therefore got automatically PR last year in March 2012 and this is why I waited 1 more year to actually apply for BC.
WRS is not even required anymore, but in my case is it still the WRS date that decides here?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:46 am

You did not follow the rules in place at that time so your time before WRS doesn't count.

See Q6 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

boloney

Post by boloney » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:51 am

hannah_9 wrote: However my first employer did not require the Worker Registration Scheme from me and I have not done it myself as well unfortunately at the time.
it was your responsibility to get it done in 30 days from the date you started working for him. some of employers was asking for it some not.
so as adviced before your time will count from Oct 2008, if you are married to BC you may apply in Oct 2013 if not Oct 2014. of course if you was working for him (employer that you have WRS with) for 12 months. If you did`t complete 12 months with him and did`t register again with new employer you clock will restart again in May 2011.
I know few Poles that was saying that they don`t do it because its wasting the time and money, but now when I`m looking at it I`m glad I done it on time.

hannah_9
Newly Registered

Post by hannah_9 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:38 am

Thanks Guys!
Well, in this case there is nothing else I can do, but wait till Oct 14

Andica
Newly Registered

Post by Andica » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:18 pm

Do you need WRS if you were self employed? I came in 2008,i am self employed since that time,but i didn't apply for the WRS at all. :(
So do i have to wait till 2017? :shock:

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:31 pm

No, the WRS only applied to those employed, not those self-employed. So you commenced to exercise Treaty Rights as soon as you landed in the UK.
John

Andica
Newly Registered

Post by Andica » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:36 pm

Glad to hear it!Thank you so much for the info! :)