ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SUCCESS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mckb
Newly Registered

ILR SUCCESS

Post by mckb » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:20 pm

After being due to get ILR in December 2010, I finally got it in March 2013. After refusals and appeals, I finally got through. Mine is a very long story but basically I applied after 10 yrs of long residency on a student visa. My reason for posting is to encourage anyone who is going through what I went through to never ever give up!!!!!!! Keep fighting with all you have, even with tears in your eyes, down to your last penny, still I want you to believe in yourself but God first. I prayed every single day, I fasted, I went to church every chance I got crying out to God and as a staunch believer, I am here today with my success story. I give God all the praise and glory!! I guess at the end of the day, I am a stronger lady after all I have been through. With God there is nothing impossible. Let no man tell you anything different. So many lawyers doubted my chances of success with 2 gaps, one of which was very long but thats all history now.
Cheers and God bless.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR SUCCESS

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:58 pm

mckb wrote:After being due to get ILR in December 2010, I finally got it in March 2013. After refusals and appeals, I finally got through. Mine is a very long story but basically I applied after 10 yrs of long residency on a student visa. My reason for posting is to encourage anyone who is going through what I went through to never ever give up!!!!!!! Keep fighting with all you have, even with tears in your eyes, down to your last penny, still I want you to believe in yourself but God first. I prayed every single day, I fasted, I went to church every chance I got crying out to God and as a staunch believer, I am here today with my success story. I give God all the praise and glory!! I guess at the end of the day, I am a stronger lady after all I have been through. With God there is nothing impossible. Let no man tell you anything different. So many lawyers doubted my chances of success with 2 gaps, one of which was very long but thats all history now.
Cheers and God bless.
Congratulations. Wonderful experience for you. At times difficult but at the end achieved what you wanted. Well done.

keerthi

Post by keerthi » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:40 pm

Congratulations, Never Give up

syed_ILR

Re: ILR SUCCESS

Post by syed_ILR » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:53 am

mckb wrote:After being due to get ILR in December 2010, I finally got it in March 2013. After refusals and appeals, I finally got through. Mine is a very long story but basically I applied after 10 yrs of long residency on a student visa. My reason for posting is to encourage anyone who is going through what I went through to never ever give up!!!!!!! Keep fighting with all you have, even with tears in your eyes, down to your last penny, still I want you to believe in yourself but God first. I prayed every single day, I fasted, I went to church every chance I got crying out to God and as a staunch believer, I am here today with my success story. I give God all the praise and glory!! I guess at the end of the day, I am a stronger lady after all I have been through. With God there is nothing impossible. Let no man tell you anything different. So many lawyers doubted my chances of success with 2 gaps, one of which was very long but thats all history now.
Cheers and God bless.
lol! u r stating this like there is no life without ILR..and you got a life..comon this is not the end of the world. If you have skills you can go and work anywhere you want. ILR is just B.S. I am applying for ILR in may ..if I dont get it I am happy to go back to my country and work there..whats the big deal :). I think its always a blessing in disguise. At least I will be near to my parents and all my relatives..So I would say that..peeps if you dont get ILR dont be disappointed..there are lot of things in life that you are missing here..may be its a beginning :)