ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mnashish
Newly Registered

ILR and dependant visa

Post by mnashish » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi,

My wife and I had extended our Tier1 visas last month, extension granted for two years. In May I would become eligible for ILR but my wife would only be eligible in September (The time she completes two years in the UK).

Would my wife need to change her visa status from Tier 1 dependent when I change my visa status in May or can she wait till September and directly change her visa status to ILR?

Thanks

vinny

Re: ILR and dependant visa

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:04 am

mnashish wrote:can she wait till September and directly change her visa status to ILR?
Yes and subsequently apply for SET(O) (319C and 319E and Explanatory Memorandum > 7.17-7.21). Unless you are applying for ILR under Long residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.